Forest River - 2013 Flagstaff Microlite 18FBRS Delamination caused by wheel well leaks
Purchased this Flagstaff Microlite 18FBRS trailer new in the spring of 2013 and right from the start I discovered quality control issues.First, roof openings, front seal and skylight were not caulked properly.
Shower area was not caulked nor were areas around the cabinets. Rather than take a 60 mile one way drive to the dealer I caulked the outside areas with Dicor as recommended, and the interior with recommended sealants. A year later I discovered water pooling between the bottom floor membrane under the trailer in the cargo area. The passenger side sidewall was wicking up the water and delaminating.
The floor in the corner of the trailer, from the right wheel well to the cargo area is damaged so I cut the bottom membrane and drained the water to allow it to dry out. I traced the leak to the right wheel well, which the Factory failed to caulk to keep the rainwater spraying from the tires outside the trailer. While driving in the rain the tires were spraying water under the cabinets which fell into a channel rail around the right corner of the trailer. The right wheel well has been leaking since day one.
For a year it went undiscovered because the areas were not walking areas. I caught this when doing an inspection of suspension components. If the wheel wells were properly caulked at the factory this problem would never exist. Emailed an executive at Forest River.
Was told they "may" be able to help me if I could go to the purchasing dealer. Called my purchasing dealer in Queensbury NY and was told they had no staff to do repairs, and was referred to an Albany NY dealership that carried Forest River products. Was told by the Albany NY dealership that they could not evaluate my RV for at least four to six months, and to contact them at the end of the camping season. When I explained the nature of the problem and told both parties that the floor as well as the sidewall was damaged, and after several e-mails with detailed pictures showing the damage, all communication with Forest River and the Albany NY dealership ceased.
I sent both parties an e-mail asking if I may do temporary repairs to stop further damage which went unanswered by both the Forest River Executive and the Albany Dealership. Unclear if the offer to extend my warrantee based on Factory issues (Or shoddy workmanship) is still on the table but I will attempt to contact Forest River and the Albany NY dealership at the end of the camping season. The courtesy of a response either way would be appreceated. Based on prior posts the dealers are less than helpful when issues arise, but if Forest River will correct the problem they caused without charge, I may still have faith in their products.
Pictures below.You be the judge.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Forest River Flagstaff Micro Lite 18Fbrs Rv
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "NEVER BUY A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT!!! We purchased a new FR Rockwood 5th wheel in July 2015 it is now April 2016 and our unit has been in the dealer warranty..."
- "Dealer new he was selling a 2010 cruise lite 26 bh trailer with a wet floor.As they sarnia rv tried to cover it up with a bad paint job on..."
- "We purchased a 2014 Rockwood travel trailer new in April 2014. In March 2015, the front tires were low on pressure. I noticed cracks around outside bead and on..."
- "Wife got me the titanium ring with 3 diamonds and warranty. 1 month later the silver inset with the 3 diamonds fell out! Brought back to store @ Rotterdam, NY...."
- "Customer Satisfaction to Service Provided Ratio: 0% #trustcobank is #dishonest and #unresponsive Trustco was the first bank to violate the USA Patriot Act, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency..."
- "I purchase an inflatable swimming pool with freebies and they deliver it too fast. The problem is the after sale service. I purchased it as COD payment for me to..."
- "I have just resolved a month-long battle to get my (partially) repaired phone returned. • I accepted Elite’s quote for repair on 03/11 and on 04/11 delivered it to the local..."
- "Many movies that came out in 2015 are still not available to stream in the USA however they are available to stream in South America. Many just released movies are..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."