Forest River - 2013 Flagstaff Microlite 18FBRS Delamination caused by wheel well leaks
Purchased this Flagstaff Microlite 18FBRS trailer new in the spring of 2013 and right from the start I discovered quality control issues.First, roof openings, front seal and skylight were not caulked properly.
Shower area was not caulked nor were areas around the cabinets. Rather than take a 60 mile one way drive to the dealer I caulked the outside areas with Dicor as recommended, and the interior with recommended sealants. A year later I discovered water pooling between the bottom floor membrane under the trailer in the cargo area. The passenger side sidewall was wicking up the water and delaminating.
The floor in the corner of the trailer, from the right wheel well to the cargo area is damaged so I cut the bottom membrane and drained the water to allow it to dry out. I traced the leak to the right wheel well, which the Factory failed to caulk to keep the rainwater spraying from the tires outside the trailer. While driving in the rain the tires were spraying water under the cabinets which fell into a channel rail around the right corner of the trailer. The right wheel well has been leaking since day one.
For a year it went undiscovered because the areas were not walking areas. I caught this when doing an inspection of suspension components. If the wheel wells were properly caulked at the factory this problem would never exist. Emailed an executive at Forest River.
Was told they "may" be able to help me if I could go to the purchasing dealer. Called my purchasing dealer in Queensbury NY and was told they had no staff to do repairs, and was referred to an Albany NY dealership that carried Forest River products. Was told by the Albany NY dealership that they could not evaluate my RV for at least four to six months, and to contact them at the end of the camping season. When I explained the nature of the problem and told both parties that the floor as well as the sidewall was damaged, and after several e-mails with detailed pictures showing the damage, all communication with Forest River and the Albany NY dealership ceased.
I sent both parties an e-mail asking if I may do temporary repairs to stop further damage which went unanswered by both the Forest River Executive and the Albany Dealership. Unclear if the offer to extend my warrantee based on Factory issues (Or shoddy workmanship) is still on the table but I will attempt to contact Forest River and the Albany NY dealership at the end of the camping season. The courtesy of a response either way would be appreceated. Based on prior posts the dealers are less than helpful when issues arise, but if Forest River will correct the problem they caused without charge, I may still have faith in their products.
Pictures below.You be the judge.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Forest River Flagstaff Micro Lite 18Fbrs Rv
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Dealer new he was selling a 2010 cruise lite 26 bh trailer with a wet floor.As they sarnia rv tried to cover it up with a bad paint job on..."
- "We purchased an enclosed cargo trailer manufactured by forest river, inc. We have towed this trailer about 3,000 miles and took delvery in November 2010. The roof is separating..."
- "Purchased subject new and after 75 miles the Captains seats and couch cushions were cracking and pealing. Factory service manager agreed to replace them as material was defective from Chinese..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "I purchase an inflatable swimming pool with freebies and they deliver it too fast. The problem is the after sale service. I purchased it as COD payment for me to..."
- "To whom it may concern-im a mother who brought her ten year old son to the smartstyle in Walmartsin GLENVILLE. The young lady(Megan) who did my sons haircut-has no manners&she..."
- "I just went to the Ruby Tuesday on Balltown Road in Niskayuna, NY for the second time in three weeks only to, once again, be told we would have to..."