5.2K views

We bought our 378FB in September 2016. Before it could ever be delivered it was kept two extra weeks for a rear panel delamination issue.

We pleaded for a new unit since that's what we bought but were assured it would be perfect when we got it. HUGE mistake. The day after delivery the AC unit started leaking into the kitchen through the return air vents. The 1/2 bath door wouldn't shut, ceiling panels were loose, drawers fell apart, handles came off.

Within weeks the roof started showing staples pushing up thru the membrane. Several months go by and we had many visits to repair things. Then we see the caulking on the roof and vent covers are dry rotted cracking and falling to pieces. Letters, e-mails, complaints to no avail.

5 Months in the #2 black tank falls right out the bottom and tears the underside down, hoses wiring pipes and all. Forest River offers to come get it and repair it, and pay for a hotel while it's being fixed. Estimated time 2-3 weeks. 6 WEEKS later we get the unit back supposedly fixed.

We are personally out 4900 in hotel fees with nothing re imbursed. And 1 day after back in the AC is leaking back into the kitchen AGAIN. None of the holding tanks read properly and the roof looks like a 3 yr old caulked it and they didn't even bother to remove the old cracked caulking! A class action is the least these people deserve.

Misrepresentation of a product "well built", "quality control".

I can only hope this will help someone in their decision of an RV to buy. Never again will we get a Forest River product.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2017 Forest River Sandpiper 378fb Rv.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 16, 2017.

Comments

I bought a 2019 Forest River Wildwood Lodge.....under warranty. Similar things wrong.

Has been at dealer Nature Coast RV for over a month. They have had it longer than I've lived in it. The manufacturer and the dealership are going back and forth and nothing getting done. I drive 2 hours to work and 2 hours back to stay with my parents.

I retained an attorney today. Beware NATURE COAST RV and Forrest River Products!

We have the same issue with the water pouring into the AC ducts. Campers Inn tried to blame it on us, saying we hit the AC unit with something, but we never did.

We have had so many issues with this unit. we have a 2017 35 ROK. We also have had a horrible smell coming from our water every time we turn it on. We have called so many times and they said drain the tank, well we have done that and the issue is still there.

The roof was never caulked properly and water leaked in and now we have water damage.

So many issues and Forest River is blaming the dealer and the dealer is blaming Forest River. We spend so much money on these units and get nothing but LEMONS.

When we bought ours , we took it camping. The refrigerator was broke.

We took it back. They were having a hard time finding a refrigerator. Dealing with the manufacture. It was awful.

We asked for a replacement no chance. We found some other things wrong as well. Paneling was coming nooner, and the shower was leaking on the floor due to caulking. We had only had the camper 2 weeks.

They kept it for over 7 weeks repairing it. When we finally got it back we went camping. The black tank was full!

While they were working on it , it had been used. Gross.

dbcj3847_34

I'm actually filling a lawsuit on my new 2017 Class C from Forest River. My attorney would be more than happy to talk to you.

I'm in Orlando FL. Message me if your interested.

to dbcj3847_34 #1482357

I'm interested in helping. I have a 2018 Forest River Wildwood 27DBK that has been in the shop for over 6 mo and when returned was worse than I sent in, had 15 emails in one day to manufacture and was still kinda blown off as to get it done correctly.

to dbcj3847_34 #1496796

I’m interested. Bill. Mrbill757@gmail.com

to dbcj3847_34 #1522107

same 2018 avenger ati 24dbs (its a forest river brand) nothing but issues, been at the service center all but 17 of the 140 days I've owned it

to dbcj3847_34 #1558189

We just bought a new a Sabre and are planning to get an attorney, it is falling apart and has many problems and water damage among multiple other breakage. Can we all get together for a class action suit?

I live in Oregon, bought in Washington.

They want us to pay for our repairs up front even though we just bought it less than 3 months ago! Email: flowersinyourhair@yahoo.com

to dbcj3847_34 #1562020

Please give me move information

OrneryButterflyFish351
to dbcj3847_34 #1571546

I'm interested. Email me at jntlspirit@yahoo.com

OrneryButterflyFish351
to dbcj3847_34 #1571547

Who is your attorney. I live in Lake Mary Fl.

My Forrest River has been in the shop for 1 weeks so far with a page of typed problems but dealership cannot do a thing until the manufacturer permits work to begin. Trying to wear me down. I want my money back.

Where do I start. Mine is a 2019.

to dbcj3847_34 #1587347

Yes, I have Isata 3. Lots of things Wrong it will *** me off telling you...please davidkaestner1@google.com

to David kaestner #1587351

I am sorry correction Davidkaestner1@gmail.com

to dbcj3847_34 #1594429

Please contact me 352-840-3193...i have a 2016 Catalina that was not sealed at all at the factory and it has caused huge water damage inside the unit...

SqueakyWildebeest
to dbcj3847_34 #1597410

Does your attorney now if attorney in the south eastern part of PA that we can contact. We have major issue with our 2013 RV

For what it's worth, we decided to go with a Winnie Travato (2018). The fit and finish and attention to detail in our rig was superb.

I can't speak for others but when I purchased, I ordered from the factory because I did not want a rig sitting on a lot for months with tons of humans who couldn't care less trapesing through it. Cost a couple of extra bucks and well worth it. I refuse to buy off a lot because an RV is not like a car. Don't want it sitting there gathering dust.

Within a few days after getting it home, it was at my Dodge dealership getting a silicone sealant to protect from rust. I am also getting a mouse deterrant application next week for mouse (and other pests) protection. You get what you pay for. I cautioned the dealership that the rig had to pass my inspection or they would not get the significant balance (I gave a minimal down to get the order in to Winnebago).

You take command or you take a licking.

I found no defects - I had the dealer fill the water tank and we ran the plumbing, checked the electrical, and the like - we were quite pleased after 4 hours in the 90 heat. You gotta take a stand and let them know that you are not leaving with a 2nd rate product.

to Dren #1461716

When I'm ready to purchase my 1st Rv class c, can I hire you to assist?

to Dren #1552398

Just my opinion, "Silicone Sealant" = it may seal in the moisture already there and not worth the tube it comes out of, mouse and pest deterrant Not sure what they are saying or doing but there is really no such thing other than filling in holes in bottom of rig that they can get in and then they do get in. USE something like Fresh Cab and be done with it. Winnebago does make a good product and Forrest River sucks both in quality and customer service response.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada #1344781

Is there any company out there, that builds a quality RV product these days? Lots of false advertising of quality product: best built roofs, best frames, leader in the industry, etc.

Not just Forest River -guys, Jayco builds junk as well!

Yes- people need to ban together and start a class action law suit and put these companies out of business! No regulation in this industry!

to Anonymous #1359240

I am in agreement my new 2017 Sierra falling apart after two months one ac out lights like living in a disco ceiling fan broken from day one