As the owner of a *** FR RV, [not made anymore] we have had our share of problems.The main issue are the junk Chinese tires FR puts on all their TTs just to get them out the door.
We have had 5 blowouts with over $3,700 damage to unit from tread separation. Some sleepy engineer decided to put the wiring harness, gas line, both hot and cold water lines, right in front of the right front wheel where they would be torn apart when the paper thin wheel well was destroyed by a tread separation. It worked...twice! Had to build a 1/8" steel wheel liner to protect against the next time.
FR puts bare minimum load range tires [D] on when for pennies more, they could have used LREs and saved us many problems.
And yes, they do make ST tires in places other than China.
Our Aviator isn't even listed on their website anymore.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- 2013 Forest River Aviator Wright Flyer
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "NEVER BUY A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT!!! We purchased a new FR Rockwood 5th wheel in July 2015 it is now April 2016 and our unit has been in the dealer warranty..."
- "I should have kept my Newmar unit. I bought a destination trailer and don't like it. Quality is not there. It is a 2015 unit and sits in Fl. I..."
- "I have a 4 month old Puma made by Forest River that the electrical in it has literally burnt in. Frankly the Camper is a safety hazard now at this..."
- "Natural disaster in Fayettville NC. Had to try and get a new airport. Contacted Expedia....they say Fayettville was not affected. Expedia see below. Uh I would think you are misinformed...."
- "Samsung refrigerator has had 5 service calls and still is broken. It is a $3000 refrigerator that neither company will agree to replace even partial payment. Water..."
- "Refused service to a Vietnam Vet ..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."
- "This the 3rd times happened to. Always wrong items i am receiving. The first one wrong item i ordered 1 set of (6pcs)lagguage bag but its came to me different..."
- "We have two pieces of 30" Samsonite spinner luggage in the fall of 2010. This luggage has been fantastic. I could not tell you how many trips they have been..."