As the owner of a *** FR RV, [not made anymore] we have had our share of problems.The main issue are the junk Chinese tires FR puts on all their TTs just to get them out the door.
We have had 5 blowouts with over $3,700 damage to unit from tread separation. Some sleepy engineer decided to put the wiring harness, gas line, both hot and cold water lines, right in front of the right front wheel where they would be torn apart when the paper thin wheel well was destroyed by a tread separation. It worked...twice! Had to build a 1/8" steel wheel liner to protect against the next time.
FR puts bare minimum load range tires [D] on when for pennies more, they could have used LREs and saved us many problems.
And yes, they do make ST tires in places other than China.
Our Aviator isn't even listed on their website anymore.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- 2013 Forest River Aviator Wright Flyer
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We purchased a 2014 Rockwood travel trailer new in April 2014. In March 2015, the front tires were low on pressure. I noticed cracks around outside bead and on..."
- "Setting out to buy a new 5th Wheel RV? It was a close call between the Forest River Cardinal Brand and the Open Range 3x model - both seemed very..."
- "Own a 2011 Cargo Mate Trailer/Forest River Trailer. Trailer is only 4 years old. Side door has already begun to rot thru! The first time I traveled in a rain..."
- "Gregory Jones, Southlake Texas is seeking investors but only take your money! He takes investment and does nothing but file law papers to steal your money! He is a scammer!..."
- "DON'T use them. I placed my order using PAYPAL on Nov 12. Stupidly, I thought these would be Thanksgiving outfits ... then Christmas ... THEN VALENTINE'S. They have NO customer..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "I'm very upset I ordered my sunglasses on the 28th of November and I have not received my sunglasses yet I have contacted you guys twice and never got a..."
- "I would never order from them again!!! Stitches different color and the top had extra material added..."
- "This is the most awful company I have had to deal with. A class action lawsuit will come, and I want to be part of it. I disconnected my phone. It..."