Forest River - Awning arm damage front door

We bought a 2016 274DBH Cherokee.We love the floor plan for how many kids we take camping with us.

BUT the first time we took it out the front door got damage by the awning in the wrong spot also the trim piece on the inside also fell off and now broken, and grease all over floor and carpet from slide out WTF. I feel should not have this kind of problems with a new trailer. We contact the dealer bout the damages. They are trying there best with factory warranty.

Factory says it is structure and nothing they can do besides put some sort of stop on the door. and replace door and awning arm. So in all reality I purchase a $21000 piece of *** with damage door for $21000. So i contact the dealer to see what if i can get a different unit.

they told me the most they can give me for it is $15000 or $200 to move awning and have holes in the side where the awning use to sit. For being a 2016 trailer i feel i shouldnt have to pay for a factory defect. Espeacially when i seen a youtube video on the same unit with the door opens all the way and NOT hit awning. Factory response is that unit was built back east and uses a different lenght awning.

In my oppinion I think the framing wasnt built right causing the awning to be in wrong spot and causing my issue with the front door.

Been trying to resolve this issue for about 4 months now.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Poor quality product for the money

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
move awning and replace siding
Monetary loss:
Product or service
2016 Forest River Cherokee 274Dbh
Review category
review #760326 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Forest River? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
To refer you in replies

Dec 31, 2015 #1086722 Kansas City, Missouri

Don't start a fire under an awning they don't meet their fire rating.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Forest River. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Forest River.
Filing a new complaint about