Airway Heights, Washington
1.4K views 1 comment
100% full Not resolved

We bought a 2016 274DBH Cherokee.We love the floor plan for how many kids we take camping with us.

BUT the first time we took it out the front door got damage by the awning in the wrong spot also the trim piece on the inside also fell off and now broken, and grease all over floor and carpet from slide out WTF. I feel should not have this kind of problems with a new trailer. We contact the dealer bout the damages. They are trying there best with factory warranty.

Factory says it is structure and nothing they can do besides put some sort of stop on the door. and replace door and awning arm. So in all reality I purchase a $21000 piece of *** with damage door for $21000. So i contact the dealer to see what if i can get a different unit.

they told me the most they can give me for it is $15000 or $200 to move awning and have holes in the side where the awning use to sit. For being a 2016 trailer i feel i shouldnt have to pay for a factory defect. Espeacially when i seen a youtube video on the same unit with the door opens all the way and NOT hit awning. Factory response is that unit was built back east and uses a different lenght awning.

In my oppinion I think the framing wasnt built right causing the awning to be in wrong spot and causing my issue with the front door.

Been trying to resolve this issue for about 4 months now.

Review about: 2016 Forest River Cherokee 274Dbh.

I didn't like: Poor quality product for the money.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $4000
Preferred solution move awning and replace siding

Had an Experience with Forest River?

Submit review

Comments

To refer you in replies
Kansas City, Missouri, United States #1086722

Don't start a fire under an awning they don't meet their fire rating.