We bought a 2016 274DBH Cherokee.We love the floor plan for how many kids we take camping with us.
BUT the first time we took it out the front door got damage by the awning in the wrong spot also the trim piece on the inside also fell off and now broken, and grease all over floor and carpet from slide out WTF. I feel should not have this kind of problems with a new trailer. We contact the dealer bout the damages. They are trying there best with factory warranty.
Factory says it is structure and nothing they can do besides put some sort of stop on the door. and replace door and awning arm. So in all reality I purchase a $21000 piece of *** with damage door for $21000. So i contact the dealer to see what if i can get a different unit.
they told me the most they can give me for it is $15000 or $200 to move awning and have holes in the side where the awning use to sit. For being a 2016 trailer i feel i shouldnt have to pay for a factory defect. Espeacially when i seen a youtube video on the same unit with the door opens all the way and NOT hit awning. Factory response is that unit was built back east and uses a different lenght awning.
In my oppinion I think the framing wasnt built right causing the awning to be in wrong spot and causing my issue with the front door.
Been trying to resolve this issue for about 4 months now.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality product for the money
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- move awning and replace siding
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2016 Forest River Cherokee 274Dbh
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Just bought a new 2015 coachman clipper 17BH trailer.i did not check everything,come home 2 day later find out that they did are very bad job to build this trailer..."
- "Setting out to buy a new 5th Wheel RV? It was a close call between the Forest River Cardinal Brand and the Open Range 3x model - both seemed very..."
- "I have a 4 month old Puma made by Forest River that the electrical in it has literally burnt in. Frankly the Camper is a safety hazard now at this..."
- "I purchased a 2015 Arctic Fox camper new, I complained to the factory early after my purchase about the shower floor not being level with the floor, I was told..."
- "HOME STYLE FURNITURE July 2014 I purchased a 1500.00 game table with four chairs for our summer home. The first time my husband sat in one of the chairs the..."
- "Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model. "Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the..."
- "My local HEB every time i buy fruit it has a day or 2 shelf life other than bananas. This past Sunday I went grocery shopping purchased some steak meat...."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."