Milford, Michigan
2K views 1 comment

In 2013 we bought a new 2014 Model Salem destination trailer built by Forest River from Fun-N-Sun in Ludington, Michigan. The first season we had these issues covered by warranty with quality repair work done by Fun-N-Sun: Several leaking windows, a leaking shower and a malfunctioning stove. We also had a foul odor in the bathroom which was blamed on a faulty toilet. Fun-N-Sun replaced the toilet which improved the situation but did not correct it and there is a leak under the trailer in our black water system when the tank reaches about 60-70% full.

Related: Brand New Forest River Fifth Wheel SUCKS!!!!

We discovered when we opened the trailer in 2014 (after winter storage) that the 3 large slide-outs had the floors drop out of them due to being built incorrectly at the factory. Water damage and mold had ruined the nightstands and although it took a long time (over 6 months) the slide-outs were repaired under warranty and the nightstands eventually replaced (18 months later). We also noticed the solid wood cabinet faces had separated at the joints and some split as well (see photos). Many complaints to Forest River have not done any good and our cabinets now look terrible.

When we opened the trailer in 2015 we found that the furnace no longer worked and spent $200 replacing the control board and a GFI plug was out costing another $50 and when the weather warmed up we discovered the AC unit was shot. That is an $800 repair yet to be done.

To sum up, we spent over $30,000 on a brand new Forest River destination trailer that has cost over $1,000 to repair, smells like *** at times, has trashed cabinetry and a dead AC unit. To be fair, Forest River has done a lot of warranty work on our unit which aside from some disappointment and inconvenience on our part is good thing but it does point to appalling quality control issues. Customers have a right to expect better. Now if we can get some resolution on the AC unit, black water problem and cabinet faces, I guess I we will be happy campers.

Review about: 2014 Forest River Salem Villa Series Rv.

I liked: Floor plan, Overall design, Trailer.

I didn't like: That they have not responded, Initial quality of trailer.

3.2
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Forest River Rv
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $1200
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Forest River?

Comments

$20 for the control board and $200 to replace. What a deal!