2.4

Update by user Feb 21

To this date, Forest River has not contacted me, nore is willing to help me in any way regarding the furniture problem. My advice to all, is to stay away from any unit made by Forest River from 2011-2015.

They know the problem existed, but do not want to help in anyway at all. Ferrari Taupe is the material that was mostly affected and was used in many different models made by Forest River.

Original review posted by user Jan 22

I bought a "NEW" 2013 Forest River George Town motor home, being my 1st motor purchase home ever, and taking a leap into this purchase of $130000.. After 2 years, the material on all the furniture, started to blister, kind of like paint blistering and cracking.

I called the furniture manufacturer, and they told me that they are not the ones responsible for this defect, because Forest River buys the material to be used in covering all of the furniture the manufacturer makes for their units. During this conversation with the furniture manufacture, the girl told me that Forest River had bought a defective lot of material, used in RV's from 2010-2015. I personally have been in about 5 units other that mine, seeing the damage from the defective material. This damage, depreciates these units involved, dramatically.

I called the Forest River Co. at the request form the furniture manufacturer, and they told me there was nothing they would do to help with this situation, other than ordering new covers (at my own expense) and having them put on, again, at my expense.

This situation, was clearly known by Forest River Co., but they will not stand behind their name to rectify the problem. WE, RV owners, must stand together on this matter to make this problem aware to the consumer, you do have a voice.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2013 Forest River Georgetown Rv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments