1.6K views

Forest River surveyor had poor engineering flaws. This resulted in a rotted floor and costly damage that was not even worth fixing.

Without a visit to the Forest River factory, the engineering flaws would not be noticed until it was too late. Forest River did not respond to numerous follow up calls regarding a resolution for the situation. After searching the internet, I found many other cases just like mine.

There should be a class act law suit against them for their deliberate negligence. Thank you for your website, and allowing people to post their bad experiences to keep others informed so the same mistakes aren't repeated.

Comments

ShowyMonteIberiaEleuth554

I have a 2016 Forrest River Vibe - It is complete junk - I want in a class action lawsuit - I believe Forrest River had knowledge that they were manufacturing junk when they made these campers.

srmac1028@gmal I have a 2015 Forest River surveyor 5th wheel I have nothing but problems from day 1 fresh water tank falling down ,both sild out actuator broke, 3 ac units, the list go on now the pin box frame has broken frame welds and cant be towed safely, called the hitch manufacture (Lippert components) they said it was out of warranty so be aware of who made your hitch and frame so if anyone aware of any class actions lawsutes on Forest River or Lippert ? please let me know. srmac1028@gmail.com

LikelyDragonfly282

So is anyone aware of any class actions on Forest River? Please let me know. dpitts64@yahoo.com

I have a 2017 5th wheel 356qb and I'm ready to burn it to the ground I have had it at the dealership twice in two years for window leaks soft spot in the floor big soft spot and a few other problems the guys never fixed the leaks I had to do it myself now I have a water leak in the master bedroom slide out near the closet by the bed all the wood at the bottom is rotten the carpet is soaked along the wall under the small window and around the main wall and it's the window don't leak so it's something else and the floor was never fixed there telling me that's normal now and of course the warranty is over so I'll have to have the issues fixed on my dime a new rv shouldn't be having these issues already I'm extremely mad I paid a lot for this new camper it wasn't used please let me know if there is a class action lawsuit I'm in

Bought a forest river trailer in jan 2019 and five days after purchase, noticed roof membrane is bubbling and there are holes on the seam where sealant was not applied. water had been seeping into camper the whole time it was sitting on dealer lot not to mention a ton of other problems and forest river warranty dept says its "cosmetic" and washes their hands of it.

when they screwed down a floor bracket, they ran a screw into the water tank and the first time i tried filling the tank, it leaked.

that is not covered by warranty either because the tank itself didnt fail....one of the crack heads at forest river assembling it ran the screw in the tank, so its not considered a "defect". dont buy from these scam artists

to ben logan #1651684

Seems Forest River is producing some junk up there. They are arguing with me over defects during construction vs warranty.

They want me to drag my unit around to dealers to look at my reported deficiencies in my brand new RV. Buyer beware of this manufacturer!

Please include me in any class action law suit... email wsjohnson3@gmail.com (I am the "pissed off consumer" in other posts.)

to Bill Johnson #1633814

I bought a 2017 Forest River Vibe,Nov 30th 2017, brought it home next day found nothing worked, propane,Heater, Microwave, Thermostat, outside Kitchen was leaking water into the Bathroom, floor soaked for a year, kitchen island says 3 inches each time we walk by it , electric hitch quit, floor beteew bathroom door And living room constantly flooded,water soakingy carpet under dinette table, island kitchen WARPED, kitchen sink faucet leaked,couch totally unsitable,Oh on The 20th of Nov this yr,my Heater completely blew up not working,my warranty ran out 20 days later, could not get it fixed, Factory was closed for Holidays,dealers were all booked,Oh did I mention that,I found that there was no Underbelly protection that I discovered 3 weeks after O purchased it,and thaty outside Kitchen sink drained into my black tank how ridiculous is thank especially when it overflowed and filled my RV with BLACK WATER,my RV has spent numerous weeks on Repair Shops, including the FOREST RIVER VIBE FACTORY at Harrisburg, Oregon,now I'm 40 days out of warranty ,Forest River won't answer my calls,Oh an don't expect any help from the Oregon Dept Of Justice,I wanted them to File a Lemon Buyback Claim,they treated me like a piece of Garbage you are on your own when you buy an RV, whatever you do stay away from Forest River,yes I'm 72 yrs old, retired and live on Disability,I need a class action suit

to Serafino Eanni #1650947

Wow you didn't check any of this before you bought it...DUH!!

If there's a class action lawsuit against Forest River I'm joining I bought a 2018 Wildwood 4092 bfl that has numerous problems not to mention built with very substandard building materials.

BMoore...MN If there is a class action case please let me know! I have a 2018 Dynamax and have nothing but problems.

The list of the problems is a long one! Let's just say the dealership has had it in their possession longer than I have had it on the road!

I have a Dynamax and am experiencing warranty claim delays and deceptions.

Me too! Please sign me up!

I totally agree. Is there a class action suit against Forest River?

If so how would we get in touch with that party? We also have/had a serious issue with the floor in our travel trailer. We had to replace the entire floor.

Called Forest River several times with no help from them. Most of the time we were put on hold or we left a message with no response.

Saint-Lazare, Quebec, Canada #1325912

I bought a 2012 shast revere bu forest river. The whole push out wood panel is rotten with black mold only 5 years old. If anyone is starting a class action suit I'm in!!

Elk Mills, Maryland, United States #1252183

I agree that there should be a class action lawsuit filed against Forest River and Prime Time Manufacturing. I have numerous problems with rain leaking in on my Avenger Travel Trailer that was bought brand new 6 months ago.

I cannot get anyone from the company to return my calls, emails or messages through their website that I have left. This company should not have a license to make campers, RV's etc.

They don't stand behind their product and the customer is left with no recourse for the issues we are left to fix ourselves.

I may be interested in the class action for our 2010 Rockwood ultralight 2701ss which has delamination issues.

Kurt Bramstedt

Orange, CA 92867

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada #667759
I bought a 2009 Forest River 28BH new in summer 2008. Just after the year warranty was up I noticed the tub was leaking water whenever someone had a shower.

The sink vanity outside the bathroom got all moldy and there was some damage to the floor. The company denied denied denied any culpability, blaming it on a leaking slide and calling it a "regular maintenance" issue. Two of the tires were so rotted and cracked they had to be replaced. This was a total nightmare dealing with these crooks.

That aside, I pressure washed the unit summer before last and now a good two foot square piece of the floor is gone near the slide. The floor is made of totally *** fiberboard that can't stand the slightest moisture. They build them with the cheapest *** and when something like this happens they just lie through their teeth.

The floor should be covered in a good grade plywood that can withstand moisture. This company needs to be held accountable!
#531922

We are also having major problems with our Forest River Grey Wolf pull behind trailer. The Flashing around the bottom of the door pooled in water and is rotting the floor.

Our unit is only 1 1/2 years old and the warranty does not cover it? It came that way from the factory that way but the dealership where I bought the unit and the extended warranty from claim it's a defect of the seals which are not covered. Does this make any sense?

It will cost us up to $3000 to fix. It still smells like new and has been used only one season and was sealed in the previous 6 months!

#520021

Hey Chigger I would like to get involved on the class action law suit please give me the details. marze1@sbcglobal.net