Update added by user Aug 22, 2015
Went to Forest River FROG Rally in Goshen last week and all my problems with their RV seats and Euro chairs was taken care of. They replaced all with what appears to be a quality material.
Update added by user Dec 04, 2014
Still not resolved and probably never will be. Forest River? BUYER BEWARE!
Original review posted by user Nov 11, 2014
Purchased subject new and after 75 miles the Captains seats and couch cushions were cracking and pealing.Factory service manager agreed to replace them as material was defective from Chinese supplier.
Two years later and 20,000 miles the new seats look worse than the originals. Factory would not agree to replace them but offered to sell me new covers. After email to management they offered to give covers if I would pay to install. They would not guarantee that these would last any longer than the old ones.
I asked for a upgrade but they didn't offer one and could not tell me what grade of material they were using.
I contacted local shop and having auto grade material installed at a personal cost of $650 per Captain seat. Will never purchase another Forest River product.
I sent e mails to the CEO and the Sales Manager but they didn't even reply.They really don't care.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Captain Seat
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Wow...I really don't know where to begin with the nightmare that you both have put us through, so I'll start at the beginning. January 10, 2014 we ordered a 2014 Forest..."
- "Bought a new 2014, wildcat within 6 months the front fiberglass Cap begin to oxidize from the top to the bottom. Contacted Forest River in Dallas, Oregon and talked with..."
- "I have a 2011 Forest River Georgetown in which the leather interior on the driver and passenger seats, the seating around the kitchen table and the sofa are completely deteriorating...."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "We canceled our service with WALMART Family Mobile in November 2016 and had the cell number ported to another provider. WALMART has continued to bill us without explanation and is..."
- "Door trim is paper wrapped glued sawdust, not wood, floor rotting on each slide do to rain splashing up from tires, stripping didn't fit rain got behind it and rusted..."
- "I was sitting down tonight enjoying a bowl of Breyer's ice cream, Reese's Blast to be exact. I was chomping on the bits of chocolate cups with my front teeth,..."
- "I purchased a small ceramic penguin from the store in Schaumburg, IL. I live 3 hours away. Unfortunately I didn't open it until I got home, when I found it..."