Update added by user Aug 22, 2015
Went to Forest River FROG Rally in Goshen last week and all my problems with their RV seats and Euro chairs was taken care of. They replaced all with what appears to be a quality material.
Update added by user Dec 04, 2014
Still not resolved and probably never will be. Forest River? BUYER BEWARE!
Original review posted by user Nov 11, 2014
Purchased subject new and after 75 miles the Captains seats and couch cushions were cracking and pealing.Factory service manager agreed to replace them as material was defective from Chinese supplier.
Two years later and 20,000 miles the new seats look worse than the originals. Factory would not agree to replace them but offered to sell me new covers. After email to management they offered to give covers if I would pay to install. They would not guarantee that these would last any longer than the old ones.
I asked for a upgrade but they didn't offer one and could not tell me what grade of material they were using.
I contacted local shop and having auto grade material installed at a personal cost of $650 per Captain seat. Will never purchase another Forest River product.
I sent e mails to the CEO and the Sales Manager but they didn't even reply.They really don't care.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Captain Seat
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "In 2013 we bought a new 2014 Model Salem destination trailer built by Forest River from Fun-N-Sun in Ludington, Michigan. The first season we had these issues covered by..."
- "The F53 does not seem heavy enough for the FR3 30 DS.I've driven 18 wheelers for 4 years, Fire engines and Aerial ladders for 30 years.This is the worst vehicle..."
- "We have had numerous problems with our 2012 XLR Thunderbolt...Dealing with Diane Daly at Forest River was not a good experience... She never answered e-mails or phone calls promptly. ..."
- "I’m not quite sure where to start with this review. The short version is as follows. My wife and I paid Allied over $7,000 to move us from New Jersey..."
- "I used over 35 gallons of your Deck Over paint to cover my 14'10" x 28' deck and railings last summer. It now makes me sick to look at..."
- "I was sitting down tonight enjoying a bowl of Breyer's ice cream, Reese's Blast to be exact. I was chomping on the bits of chocolate cups with my front teeth,..."
- "I love Twinkies I have from the beginning, But I just bought a box of them and they are half the size as they were. They were almost flat I..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."
- " It is unfortunate that with very few cars, early Sunday afternoon, yet it took 50 min. For my food to come out. Not only was the meat cold, but..."