Update added by user Aug 22, 2015
Went to Forest River FROG Rally in Goshen last week and all my problems with their RV seats and Euro chairs was taken care of. They replaced all with what appears to be a quality material.
Update added by user Dec 04, 2014
Still not resolved and probably never will be. Forest River? BUYER BEWARE!
Original review posted by user Nov 11, 2014
Purchased subject new and after 75 miles the Captains seats and couch cushions were cracking and pealing.Factory service manager agreed to replace them as material was defective from Chinese supplier.
Two years later and 20,000 miles the new seats look worse than the originals. Factory would not agree to replace them but offered to sell me new covers. After email to management they offered to give covers if I would pay to install. They would not guarantee that these would last any longer than the old ones.
I asked for a upgrade but they didn't offer one and could not tell me what grade of material they were using.
I contacted local shop and having auto grade material installed at a personal cost of $650 per Captain seat. Will never purchase another Forest River product.
I sent e mails to the CEO and the Sales Manager but they didn't even reply.They really don't care.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Captain Seat
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I should have kept my Newmar unit. I bought a destination trailer and don't like it. Quality is not there. It is a 2015 unit and sits in Fl. I..."
- "We purchased a 2014 Rockwood travel trailer new in April 2014. In March 2015, the front tires were low on pressure. I noticed cracks around outside bead and on..."
- "We traded a nice 36 ft Montana on a 2017 Salem Hemisphere 299RE to accommodate my wife's disability. We were told in the sales process that this Forest River..."
- "I used over 35 gallons of your Deck Over paint to cover my 14'10" x 28' deck and railings last summer. It now makes me sick to look at..."
- "I’m not quite sure where to start with this review. The short version is as follows. My wife and I paid Allied over $7,000 to move us from New Jersey..."
- "I was sitting down tonight enjoying a bowl of Breyer's ice cream, Reese's Blast to be exact. I was chomping on the bits of chocolate cups with my front teeth,..."
- "Around Sept 30, 2015, I started Roca Labs. The picture on the right was April 22, 2015, the one on the left was March 16, 2016. The regimen was the..."
- "SO… YOU ARE LOAY TAWEEL IN MIAMI AND ABU AZMI IN CHICAGO… looks like a *** artist. Sunday, October 23 afternoon I received many messages by Whatsapp from Loay..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."