First time using the camper and the coupler hitch came off the ball on my truck. Besides the coupler, the lift jack, and emergency brake switch was destroyed.

We were 350 miles from home and had it fixed at the campground we limped into. The person who fixed our camper used to do warranty repairs for Forest River and he told us that the bolt inside the couple was not properly aligned by either Forest River or the dealer we bought the camper from and that caused the coupler to come off the ball. He did put this note in his bill that I sent Forest River and they have declined the claim. Said it was my fault and the coupler was not on the ball correctly.

It was because I checked it several times on the way down to the campground and why didn't it come off before then?

I do not recommend anyone buying Forest River campers because they do not stand behind their warranty or product. The next camper will be a Jayco and that is what I will recommend to all my friends who are looking to buy campers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Forest River Warranty.

Comments