Atlanta, Georgia

We purchased an enclosed cargo trailer manufactured by forest river, inc.We have towed this trailer about 3,000 miles and took delvery in November 2010.

Related: Forest River - Cherokee Trailers LEAK! bad customer service!

The roof is separating and the manufacture will not repair it. It is a very poor quality product and forest river doesnt stand behind the product.

I cannot dealer that sold it Dorsey Trailers in Pooler, Ga and they said it was manufacture issue.I called forest river inc and they said too bad waranty is 1 year and didnt care if it was manufacture defect and besides they didnt make the roof, so its not their problem

Review about: Cargo Trailer.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Forest River Repair
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $6000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Forest River?

Comments

ralphrhodes

I have the same type of trailer from the same manufacture. My roof leaks in several spots. The roof flops around in the wind and the rivets that hold the thin wood over the metal cross beams chaff through the thin roof metal.

briantfoley

In March of 2011 I Purchased a 2011 BRAND NEW Forest River Shasta 26QBTB pull behind trailer. After more than one year of dealer and manufacturer attempts to resolve a slide leak, and more than 30 other issues including a sinking floor tub, defective hot water heater, and permanent water damage they have not resolved my issues and will not refund my money or even provide me compensation, an equal replacement, or anything other, I am warning others about Forest River".

Shasta requested ONE final attempt for repair as a result of the demand letter I sent them two months ago|. However, they did not effectively repair the RV and sent it back to me with partical board exposed to the elements on the outer wall of the slide, a (still) leaking slide, water stains/damage where the water leaked into the main flooring from the leak, and a drill hole in the sunlight, among other things?. The repair process of their original manufacturing defects (despite their "industry accepted tests that are proven effective") are still ineffective despite best attempts and displayed patience for repairs/. I "explicitly detailed my expectations" in writing as requested by Shasta to diagnose a recurring issue that could not previously be identified through "Shasta's industry best practices" while the RV was at their manufacturing plants!. Their ONE final attempt was a concerted effort in failure'.

The original dealer stated that our RV was "the first unit off the production line" and...

They can have the title and RV as I want nothing to do with their defective product. Nor would I consider trading it in or selling it privately due to the irreparable defects. My values will not allow me knowingly to pass on these problems to someone else or I would have done that from the beginning despite the financial impact. I would have been able to recuperate 75-80% of my losses that way, which would have been acceptable at the time.

My next step is contacting local media outlets, provide online feedback on blogs, websites, and anywhere else I can WARN and PROTECT a potential buyer.

This has gone on far too long. I have been very agreeable on proposed repairs by Shasta and its representative(s). I have been as patient possible with Shasta considering the significant issues I have had with their defective product. I am not a "problem customer." I was sold a problem product. This RV is a lemon. I paid cash for a defective unit and they will not/have not repaired manufacturing defects. Further, I have provided Shasta one too many chances to correct the defects of the brand new RV and as a result I have lost more than 50 days of my RV being in the shop, and countless time trying to correct this situation.

I will certainly remain vocal to friends, neighbors, strangers, and anyone else I can warn as to this event for years to come.