Wroxeter, Ontario
1K views 3 comments
100% full Not resolved
2.6
Insurance Quality

I am thinking that this would have happened while driving down the road with the wind pushing on the front 1 piece fibreglass the dimples are about 2 feet in diameter and there are 2 of them above the name lettering.I have talked to the dealer about this and he is not willing to go to Forest river with this problem.....I suspected from his reaction that this problem was there when this unit was sold and just not noticed.

The dimples are the same on both sides so it is something that could easily go unnoticed. It was pointed out to me during a cleaning and I went on line to see if all Rockwoods where like that and found they were not.

We have extended warranty on the trailer but things like that are not covered.this is a manufacturer defect and we feel they should stand behind their quality control and that they should fix this for us.

Review about: 2014 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8282ws Rv.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Have front end of my 5th wheel properly repaired can probably be accessed through front overhead from the inside popped out and reinforced with foam insulation..

I liked: Looks and quality, Floor plan.

I didn't like: No response so far.

Had an Experience with Forest River?

Comments

Get a hotel
Elkhart, Indiana, United States #1188755

The problem is simply a poorly designed product without enough material thickness to take the wind pressure. That's just typical RV design, they have some tech draw something up just build it then let you do the consumer product testing. The panel will develop cracks right down the center of each dimple.

For what your spending you could stay at a good hotel and save the problem list.

Orlando, Florida, United States #1183194

Sounds as though your problem is with poor manufacturing practices.I purchased a new 2017 and only drove it home I have hazardous issues and can not drive the vehicle under the direction of The Dept Of Transportation.

It sounds as though MAYBE in the Fiberglass lamination process the initial coat was not cured prior to the final finish or final Gel Coat. I believe this why this manufacture is pushing their $5,000 paint jobs.

So they do not show until out of warranty.

#1172098

The same thing happened on my FR Ultralite.Forest River knows that the front caps were failing.

Ours pulled away from the roofing and the roof leaked. FR replaced the front cap after over a month of debate. The forest river representative told me that they have changed the construction of the caps.

They would rather replace the few that people complain about than recall the entire line of junk.See my review on May 9, 2016 "Never by a Forest River"