I purchased a new 2018 Coachman Prism Class C Motor home in Florida where I reside, with a one year new vehicle warranty on the coach. I expect, like most RV owners, I use my coach outside the neighborhood of the selling dealer.

I traveled from my home to Vermont to camp for the summer. During this travel I experienced 2 problems that are covered under the warranty. ( slide problems and the radio does not shut all the way down after vehicle is turned off and runs the chassis battery dead when stored ) There have been other problems that I corrected myself.

I was shocked to learn that Forest River dealers are not obligated to perform warranty work on units that they have not sold new.

So unfortunately, I am finding out that the dealers refuse to do the work, something about not being reimbursed for the actual total time it takes to correct the problem(s) I did find one dealer who was willing to do the warranty work as long as I obligated myself, before the work was started, to pay the difference.

Quite the warranty huh? You might want to rethink buying a new RV from Forest River....that of course is if you plan to travel with it.

Comments

Totally agree. We have filed a complaint with the BBB against them. I wish everyone that has problems with them would do the same.

totally agree...salesperson was great after that you cannot get anyone to respond or take any responsibility for your purchase.Purchased at Camping World, Concord,NC

Sad, the way they treat one after buying.

Why would that "shock" you ? Dealers exist to sell new vehicles.

They will service those because they are contractually bound by the manufacturer to do so. A used piece of equipment is the last thing they want to deal with , although I personally would continue to service them because the most profitable thing one can sell is labor.