1.1K views

My wife & I bought a Palomino TXL-FL pop-up camper here in Houston in 1999.

The lift system now has a problem on one corner, so I took it to an RV repair place, they estimate $1,200 - $1,500 to repair it.

I looked in our original owner's manual & it states that the warranty for the lift system is guaranteed for life.

I called the warranty dept. of Palomino (owned now by Forest River) in Colon, Michigan, and they said too bad, I have no warranty due to the company being sold to Vanguard Industries in 2002 & sold to Forest River in 2005.

Review about: Forest River Rv.

Comments

I bought a 2010 Palomino slide in truck camper. I didn't get 500 miles when the dealer mounted camper slid back.

I had my brothers put it back in the correct position, tightening the tie downs. The shower would not drain, the indoor as well as outside shower can not be used because they both leak. I drove 200 hundred miles back to the dealer, and nothing was fixed! I didn't find out it until the next camping trip.

Then the lift broke,the bottom part of the camper is all warped due to the leaking faucet,the whole bottom of the camper is warped. The latest thing is the roof is rotted! After the driest summer in Chicago.

The camper is at another repair shop, and Forest River won't return their calls. Help, I'm Ten thousand dollars poorer with no camper I can use.

It is true that we can no longer cover these units under the lifetime warranty policy after the sale of the company. However we do offer the parts at a substantial discount, and whatever dealer quoted you those prices probably was no aware of the cost of the parts.

I would advise you to call me directly and I will take care of the issues you have with your Palomino camper. 1-800-297-5830