Purchased a Puma 359-thks June 2014. I have worked on this fifth wheel and am amazed at the shoddy construction.

Walls miss-stapled/aligned, screws missing, torn carpet at the slide out edges, scrap material throughout hidden areas, poor wire routing throughout, stove door doesn't align, the spray port doesn't work, light can be seen at the bottom road side of the rear drop down door (indicates not properly sealed) and the list just goes on and on. If you really want to see first hand the quality forest river manufactures, remove the bottom frame enclosure and look at how the wiring is routed (would be lucky to survive 24 months of road travel) and plumping installation or remove interior panels and view their handy work. I called the manufacture in regards to installing a generator - they couldn't provide any information regarding the front generator mount. They had no clue as to how it was constructed.

One would think the factory would know their own product. I found the front generator mount to be less than adequate and had to make several modifications during the installation process. The mount is offset to the wrong side making connections difficult at best. The RV industry is getting worse and worse - seems there is no QA/QC within their factories.

If you want a quality product look at the high-end class A chassis manufactured RV's by smaller low volume companies who take pride in their work rather than the larger high volume manufactures like Forest River, Thor, etc. I'll go through and fix/repair all the items myself as dealerships are just as bad in many cases.

Review about: Forest River Rv.

Comments

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States #843646

My 2012 Forest River Sandpiper is the same way. You have literally taken all the words out of my mouth.

I happen to be in Elkhart today and plan on stopping by to talk to them about some delamination issues.

I'm not even going to bother with the others. Great post my friend.