In July 2014 we purchased a 2015 Ford Sunseeker from Leisure days in Sudbury.On July 13, 2015 we noticed the motorhome was getting loud, and we crawled underneath the motor home and noticed the exhaust was leaking and called Leisure days.
They advised me to take pictures and while I was taking pictures I noticed that there was a crack measuring approximately 4 feet long. I took pictures of this crack as well and sent this to Leisure days. On July 20 I found the second crack and sent this picture as well. We were told that the service manager would soon contact us to make arrangements to epoxy the crack.
We were concerned that the recommendation was made to fix the motor home as opposed to replacing it. It seems that they are proposing to do a band-aid job by choosing to put epoxy on the crack rather than examining it further to determine the cause of it. Is this recommendation being made because the manufacturer's warranty has expired (we did purchase extended warranty)? I don’t believe that a motor home should crack within the first year of purchase and we want to know what caused this.
Furthermore this will affect its resale value.
Who would purchase a motorhome that has two cracks underneath?
As for the exhaust, Forestriver states it is a ford issue and that we need to contact a ford dealership to have them fix it.Closest ford dealership is 3.5 hour drive, one way.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Rv quality
- Quality of product
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Product or service
- 2015 Forest River Sunseeker 3170Ds
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I should have kept my Newmar unit. I bought a destination trailer and don't like it. Quality is not there. It is a 2015 unit and sits in Fl. I..."
- "2015 fr3 25ds this goes on and on in most all storage bays. Dealer says salt first caused this then states manufacturing sprayed something on them and has to..."
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."
- "Soy consumidor de tecnología , y los productos son como en la descripción de la página web se indica. Llegan los productos en un paquete bien protegidos, y los..."
- "I signed with Verizon because of their reputation and their service. Then I was abruptly shoved over to Frontier, who doesn't give me the 75/75 internet service and I have..."