Forest River - Poor quality product, underbelly cracked in two places
In July 2014 we purchased a 2015 Ford Sunseeker from Leisure days in Sudbury.On July 13, 2015 we noticed the motorhome was getting loud, and we crawled underneath the motor home and noticed the exhaust was leaking and called Leisure days.
They advised me to take pictures and while I was taking pictures I noticed that there was a crack measuring approximately 4 feet long. I took pictures of this crack as well and sent this to Leisure days. On July 20 I found the second crack and sent this picture as well. We were told that the service manager would soon contact us to make arrangements to epoxy the crack.
We were concerned that the recommendation was made to fix the motor home as opposed to replacing it. It seems that they are proposing to do a band-aid job by choosing to put epoxy on the crack rather than examining it further to determine the cause of it. Is this recommendation being made because the manufacturer's warranty has expired (we did purchase extended warranty)? I don’t believe that a motor home should crack within the first year of purchase and we want to know what caused this.
Furthermore this will affect its resale value.
Who would purchase a motorhome that has two cracks underneath?
As for the exhaust, Forestriver states it is a ford issue and that we need to contact a ford dealership to have them fix it.Closest ford dealership is 3.5 hour drive, one way.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Rv quality
- Quality of product
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Product or service
- 2015 Forest River Sunseeker 3170Ds
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Bought a new 2014, wildcat within 6 months the front fiberglass Cap begin to oxidize from the top to the bottom. Contacted Forest River in Dallas, Oregon and talked with..."
- "2014 Wildwood Heritage Glen 356QBQ Roof issues. Forest River products are junk in my opinion, and they do not honor their supposed 12 year Roof Warranty. I have had this..."
- "We ordered a brand new 2014 Georgetown 378XL and took delivery from Cold Springs RV in Weare NH in late May 2013. We immediately noted undisclosed damage to the outside..."
- "Bushnell, IL Dollar General is AWFUL! It is UNORGANIZED, FILTHY, and RUDE. This Dollar General is a disaster as soon as you enter the Store. There are CLUTTER all over,..."
- "I can't return men items. I'm a very good customer for at least ten years. I pay every month on time. I've NEVER returned anything. Please make an exception. You..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."