Forest River - Poor quality product, underbelly cracked in two places

In July 2014 we purchased a 2015 Ford Sunseeker from Leisure days in Sudbury.On July 13, 2015 we noticed the motorhome was getting loud, and we crawled underneath the motor home and noticed the exhaust was leaking and called Leisure days.

They advised me to take pictures and while I was taking pictures I noticed that there was a crack measuring approximately 4 feet long. I took pictures of this crack as well and sent this to Leisure days. On July 20 I found the second crack and sent this picture as well. We were told that the service manager would soon contact us to make arrangements to epoxy the crack.

We were concerned that the recommendation was made to fix the motor home as opposed to replacing it. It seems that they are proposing to do a band-aid job by choosing to put epoxy on the crack rather than examining it further to determine the cause of it. Is this recommendation being made because the manufacturer's warranty has expired (we did purchase extended warranty)? I don’t believe that a motor home should crack within the first year of purchase and we want to know what caused this.

Furthermore this will affect its resale value.

Who would purchase a motorhome that has two cracks underneath?

As for the exhaust, Forestriver states it is a ford issue and that we need to contact a ford dealership to have them fix it.Closest ford dealership is 3.5 hour drive, one way.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
2015 Forest River Sunseeker 3170Ds
Review category
review #680615 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Forest River? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Jan 10 #1092009

Mine is a 2013 sunseeker and has the same crack! I have the bigfoot jacks that where put on as a option that are to low installed when bought every time you go over a speed bump they drag! They spouse to be 7 to 8 inches off the ground but the frount are 5 inches back are 6 inches no ajustment Think they would stand behind there products! Makes it unsafe pulling out of a gas stations with sloped drive, frade you will get hung up and be stuck half way in the road! Plus the steering in mine you have to hold on for deer live when a car passes you

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Forest River. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Forest River.
Filing a new complaint about