We recently purchased a 2012 Forest River Surveyor hybrid. We used it 5 times this year and on our last camping trip I noticed sunlight coming through the canvas seam were the tent end is attached to the camper.

On further inspection I noticed that the plastic that is sewn around the canvas was tore right at the stitching. The canvas however was fine. I returned the camper to my dealer and they informed me that this was not covered by warranty. I also had to repair about 10 or more screw holes that had striped out on cabinet latches, hinges, hooks for baggage nets and other fasteners.

I general these campers may look good at first glance but beware the quality is very poor and good luck is you try to call for assistance or customer service. Forest River is a large company with a lot of models.

They don’t seem to care about customer service. Buy a Jayco or Starcraft!

Review about: Forest River Warranty.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Milan, Ohio, United States #876604

I owned a jayco and would never buy another one . Nothing but problems from day one leaks, cabinet Problems, you name it i had it with that camper.

Bought a forest river 5ver and it was great. Dealer problems but nothing with the factory.