3.0
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

In January of 2016 we sold our house and purchased a 5th wheel RV from Buddy Gregg.The sales experience was a good one with lots of promises such as the best service in the area and free lifetime membership to their small RV park in front of the store.

We were very excited about our purchase. We had already sold our house a few months prior so we hit the road to see the country and work from the RV. In June of 2016 we were in an RV park in Flagstaff AZ and a tree branch caught the roof and made a small perforation down the side. I tried to get Flagstaff to cover the repair as all of their branches are supposed to be trimmed above 13-6, but I didnt notice it until weeks later so they wouldnt cover it.

Luckily my insurance company Geico covered the repair of over $18,000. Buddy Gregg performed the repair in Knoxville. This required replacing all of the decking on the roof and replacing the rubber membrane. When the repairs were complete, we picked up the RV in August and left for DC, then Florida, then back to Knoxville.

In June of 2017 we were traveling across Texas and stopped at a gas station. I looked up and noticed that the roof looked torn on the top. I climbed up and found that the roof was completely ripped off as shown in the attached picture. I immediately called Forest River, the manufacturer of our RV, to report the failure.

Even though I was under warranty, they informed that the repair was done by Buddy Gregg and they were the liable party. Buddy Gregg is an authorized warranty repair center for Forest River. I called Buddy Gregg and they informed me that they only offer 90 days on warranty repairs. I called the service manager Eric Bivens to plead my case and he was very rude telling me that it was done properly and that its impossible for that to happen.

I took the RV to Jack Sisemore Travel Land in Amarillo TX to have the repairs done because I couldnt transport it in this condition without potential water damage. They and Geico inspected the previous job and came to the conclusion that it was very poorly done. The rubber membrane was not glued down properly and the surface was not prepared properly either. The end caps were not properly holding downn the rubber and it released and caught air in the front.

The membrane is supposed to be so strong that it nearly rips up the wood when removed, but this peeled off like a post-it note as evidenced in the picture. Geico then refused the claim due to poor workmanship and suggested that I contact Buddy Gregg. So now Im stuck with a $10,500 repair and Buddy Gregg wont give me any relief. We also had a repair done on our rear A/C previously and water leaked on our bed while we were traveling.

Also the free campground for life they offered is now fenced off with a key code and is very difficult to use, if at all.They are reserving it for service visits only.

Review about: Forest River Rv Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: Quality of the interior.

I didn't like: Warranty resolution, Quality of cable runs under the 5th wheel, No insulation under the coach for winter months.

Had an Experience with Forest River?

Comments