Featured

| map-marker Topeka, Indiana

Explore video interviews
Advertisements
My 2020 Forest River 5th wheel has been being worked on for 3 years and nothing is fixed - Image 2
My 2020 Forest River 5th wheel has been being worked on for 3 years and nothing is fixed - Image 3
My 2020 Forest River 5th wheel has been being worked on for 3 years and nothing is fixed - Image 4
My 2020 Forest River 5th wheel has been being worked on for 3 years and nothing is fixed - Image 5
My 2020 Forest River 5th wheel has been being worked on for 3 years and nothing is fixed - Image 6
Updated by user Dec 24, 2023

I regret to inform you that there is no positive update regarding this situation. Since my last post, the complaint has been processed by the BBB and the case has been closed without any resolution.Initially, I was assured that I would receive a minimum of $5,000 as...

Updated by user Aug 28, 2023

I have had no contact from Forest River. They will respond to nothing nor pay my reimbursements I was promised.

Original review Aug 09, 2023
Steve Hall is your first person you will deal with because he seems to have a habit of denying any and all warranty claims without spending any time investigating. He denied things that had been professionally documented as manufactured defects before the warranty was even up.
After fighting with him at the BBB web sight he agreed to do a few of the things on my actual short list.

Because of scheduling I was never able to use my camper to camp. Only to wait around for three years for appointments. Each Camping world appointment made the issues worse each time. They do not know how to work on most things but especially the computer systems in the newer rvs.

Finally this year Forest River realized this was going on too long and brought my rv to Indiana for a month for repairs. Again things were made worse and they now wanted me to bring it back to them for another go round.
Despite Steve Hall and Jeremy Mapes deciding what they would and wouldn't address behind closed doors there were many recorded lies I was told about the work they had done. How they needed to replace the stairs but no longer make the stairs from a 2020 model despite that they are on the Lippert site still?
They have a tag team of people there to pretend to help while pulling you aside and making everything confusing telling you out and out lies. Yes.

I idid record every words and will be MAKING IT ALL PUBLIC SOON.
Forest River and the games they play in the office. I heard comments about drug use in the factory with an accident that happened when I was there. It's just more drama than a professional business. They will prey on your weaknesses.

They will hunt all your social media down so they know who they are dealing with.
YES. that crazy.
The workmanship is no better if not worse than the ones who don't know what they are doing at Camping world unless they just don't care about certain people and the mediocre amount of money they might have spent with the huge company. I don't know but back in the park I have had many owners come by to see the work in disbelief. And apparently thousands of dollars in hotel and gas and work done are being held hostage if they intend on paying me back as I have them recorded saying.

I recorded everything. Every word. Every lie from them. Here are some specifics that happened at the factory.

Instead of re programming the computer system they thought by wasting several hundred dollars I had spent with the help of LCI to upgrade my computer board the answer was to downgrade it again and simply replace it. Which changed and fixed NOTHING. Jeremy lied to me about the board I had not being for my coach but LCI stepped up again and told me that was not true.
2. The door has always been a major issue do to the way it was installed from the factory with possible holes not being cut right for the door.

3 doors later and 4 door frames the factory answer was just to put thick installation on the door which will easily come off in time because it sticks out so much but with all that "How am I still seeing just as much light through the door as before?" You have now told me the hinges you installed which were different from the original are junk and to lubricate them. Despite my medical position and me telling you this was too much and too tight for me. The top lock no longer works and the frame is being pulled apart by the thick hinges that were put on my door. Two trips to Indiana and two times and the problems are still there.

I didn't mention something stolen from the RV but that is water under the bridge now. A heater came back not working along with a set of Govee lights. How does all this happen at the manufacturer?
I was also charged around 500 dollars that was supposed to as written on paper be payed by Forest River that I got charged for. When I mentioned that I was ignored.
When I pulled up to pick up the fixed unit they were still working on the door because as someone tried to enter the unit they couldn't get in.
I will come back and post photos, media files and videos soon.

I will have to come back and add things as I have time because such a simple small amount of problems has become a complete nightmare just trying to fix things service techs should know how to fix or admit there is a problem with the units build. There is no way this door is acceptable to anyone who has seen it and I will forever be ignored by Forest River at this point because they made it clear they were done. I would also like to add I offered to pay for many things just to get my RV where it should have been.. I was absolutely treated with disrespect and my mental status was absolutely used against me.

They don't have much respect for disabled vets. That its my biggest problem.
Loss:
Pros:
  • You learn real fast never to purchase a forest river product
Cons:
  • After the sale

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not even consider a Forest River product of any kind. You need more than luck to get one good RV

Guest

Forest River is the worst ! You are not alone!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2420369

View more comments (3)
Ian H Snf
map-marker Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, Quebec

No consumer service...

Forest River - No consumer service...
We bought a brand new Forest River Aurora 26th in November in Vermont at Blue compass RV. The fridge door was all scratches we have been told, WE WILL FIX IT FOR YOU, DON'T BE WORRY, IT'S WARRANTY... Since that we didn't have followed up from them. After we park and level the trailer home, we noticed that the door don't stay shot. The door seems to have been force opened, the frame is bow. We tried to call, left message, tried to follow up, nobody call back. I found the representative of Forest river, he gave me another dealer to call... THEY DON'T WANT THE JOB, IT'S TO MUCH PAPERWORKS...

Preferred solution: I need the door fix...

User's recommendation: Don't buy it from Blue Compass RV. Forest river don't care of them warranty

Bill J Sev

| map-marker Dallas, Oregon

MANY - a very poorly made unit

Forest River Rpod Problems I have been holding off submitting this to the forum until I heard back from the dealer (PoulsboRV) and Forest River. On October 22, 2017 we purchased a brand new 2017 Rpod 180RB for our trip to Palm Springs.

I immediately found some things wrong and took it back to PoulsboRV to get fixed before our trip.   After taking the unit back to PoulsboRV with problems two times, over several weeks. We were unable to get the work scheduled or have parts in prior to our departure date of 12-14-17. Despite extending our departure date we left with repairs undone and many questions.

At this point in time it was either go the way it was or cancel the trip we had been planning for a year AND all reservations were already made and paid for. We went on the trip which, because of the Rpod problems and weather, will forever be remembered as the vacation from ***.  We finally cut the vacation short, took our loses, and came home. As soon as we got home I delivered the Rpod back to PoulsboRV for the repair work on 1-12-17.

Got word today, 2-2-17, from PoulsboRV (and indirectly from Forest River) that they were finished and we could pick up our Rpod. We picked it up on 2-7-17 with most of the repairs being denied by Forest River and so PoulsboRV refused to fix. Here are the problems that we had and the results & comments. 1:  When we got the unit home after purchasing on Oct 22.

it sat in the driveway for 2 days before we had time to start loading it.  When I turned the lights on they were dim so I checked the battery voltage and it was 10.4 volts.  What the heck! I plugged the shore power in and the built in charger picked up the load.

While connected to power I was trying to listen to the AM radio and the noise was so loud the radio was useless.  Finally figured out that the "converter" in the unit has so much RF noise that it totally blanks the radio. (This is common in the cheap solid state switching type chargers with poor filtering - OK for battery chargers but not OK for radio because of the noise it generates)  With the AC power disconnected the radio was fine. Result:  I was told the "converter" was within specs, per FR, so PoulsboRV would not do anything about it.

At this point the battery is probably shot and they will not replace it either. I was also told by the service department that the "converter" was known to be faulty by Forest River and had been replaced with a different one. If I wanted the new one I would have to pay for it myself..... On a unit I had used once.

I had previously asked PoulsboRV if they could do a load check on the battery as I suspect that with the deep discharge it might be ruined.  I was told that I would have to pay for the load test if Forest River would not pay for it. PoulsboRV did not do a battery load test. SOLUTION: On 3/10/17 I replaced the “converter” with a MJF power supply at a cost of $109.

The radio now works perfectly and I have a voltmeter and ampmeter on the MFJ. Moving right along. 2:  With the power off for the night, having charging all day, the next day the battery was dead again.  I traced it to a ½ amp load on the battery ALL THE TIME.

There are some house loads that DO NOT GO THROUGH THE DC FUSE BLOCK.  The ONLY way to keep the battery from going dead is to disconnect the battery. In a car this would be like not being able to turn your parking lights off…..unless you disconnect the battery. Result: PoulsboRV did not even look at this after telling them about the problem.

SOLUTION: I installed a disconnect on the battery. 3:  When we got to Palm Springs after a couple of showers my wife questioned where all the water in the bathroom floor was coming from.  I removed the inspection plate on the shower stall and the floor was flooded.  The next shower my wife took, I was watching the plumbing under the shower and water was running all over the place from the drain piping.

Found out that the shower stall was only supported on the edges and while taking a shower it felt like you were on a trampoline.  The plumbing is all rigid ABS plumbing which does not tolerate flexing so it was broken. (I GUESS I COULD HAVE JUST CUT *** IN THE FLOOR UNDER THE P-TRAP TO THE OUTSIDE AND THE PROBLEM WOULD BE SOLVED) 4 pieces of 1”x2” in the corner is the total shower support and with the hole for the drain cut in the middle of the plywood it is very unstable. A RV repairman was found in Palm Springs and he replaced all the piping with new AND then added three additional pieces of 2X4 putting them under the shower floor in the center to give it some additional support.

This was to get us through the trip.    Note: Forest River did pay for this because we were extremely insistent it was their failure and we were 200 miles from the nearest dealer. They initially expected us to take it to a dealer which would mean leaving our paid for RV park, driving 400 miles round trip, and just hoping that the dealer could get us in and could fix the problem. This would of course force us into a motel.

Result:  After looking at the repair done in Palm Springs, PoulsboRV (not us) wanted to take the shower stall out and reinforce the support.  They were told by Forest River that the shower was installed per spec and would not pay for it so PoulsboRV would not do it. SOLUTION: PoulsoboRV did re-replace the fittings ("customer gratis" as they said) as they said it was still leaking (which it wasn’t). I then added 4 more braces under the shower to further steady it up to prevent further damage. I hope this is sufficient. 4:  The cord that plugs into the tow vehicle had about 3/4" of the wiring exposed at the plug.  Result:  PoulsboRV replaced the cord. But why was it sent out this way?

5:  All of the pull down night shades were installed crooked. Result:  Dealer said they adjusted the shades. But why was it sent out this way? COMMENT: The shades look just as crooked after the adjustment as they did before so they are still crooked and this is unresolved. 6:  The brake/tail lights had LED segments that were not working.

I noticed this when we took delivery and it was noted by PoulsboRV at that time. They did not have any in stock so I had to leave it till we got home. Result:  Lamps were replaced  COMMENT: Seems to be OK 7:  Just before leaving on our trip, the propane detector started going off and it COULD NOT be silenced nor reset.  I had to remove it from the wall and cut the power wire to the unit to silence it.

This is one of the loads that do not go through the fuse block and is part of the "phantom load" in the unit. Result:  PoulsboRV replaced the unit just before we left. They said FR had gotten some bad units from the manufacturer.  They did not comment on the constant load it presents.  COMMENT: Battery switch I added solved the problem.

8:   The brackets that hold the kitchen Venetian blinds were incorrectly installed as the brackets were installed wider than the blinds.  Therefore the blinds could not be secured at the bottom and flopped around. Result:  They remounted the bottom brackets. But why was it sent out this way? 9:  The factory installed wires that connect to the battery were not crimped properly and were totally corroded and covered with a green corrosion and this was before a battery was even installed in the unit.

The battery was installed AFTER we bought the unit from PoulsboRV. COMMENT: Before leaving on the trip I cleaned off the corrosion, re-crimped the wires and soldered the connection.  But why was it sent out this way? 10:  It was almost impossible to get the propane tank cover off and on.

Prior to my taking delivery of the 180 it had deep gouges in the plastic cover which was cutting the plastic deeply when you tried to remove or install the cover, which will be required every time you fill the tank. Result:  It was being gouged by the over length bolts that were used to bolt on the plate that holds the pressure regulator.  I simply reversed the bolts.  Poor Installation. But why was it sent out this way?

COMMENT: PoulsboRV decided to replace the torn up cover “gratis” 11:  The door stop for the bathroom door was the door *** hitting the mirror mounted on the closet door.  VERY POOR design. COMMENTS:  To prevent the mirror being broken by the door *** I mounted a bumper on the bottom of the bath room door so that now it hits the on the floor mounted fire extinguisher instead of the mirror. But why was it sent out this way? 12:  I am installing a second battery in the space behind the power panel and converter AND installing a battery switch so I can disconnect the batteries.

As far as factory wiring is concerned this involved installing the battery switch in 1 existing wire. Result:  I was told by the service rep at PoulsboRV that this modification has now voided the factory warranty on the electrical system. Be aware folks… make any electrical change and you have voided your warranty. 13:  Except for the exposed floor the 180 was filthy.  Sawdust and construction debris in all the storage areas, in the storage lockers, in the hot water tank area, in the water pump area, in the drawers, in the over counter storage areas.....

Looks like the only thing done by Forest River and PoulsboRV was to vacuum the floor that you could see. COMMENT:  My wife spent a day cleaning the unit.  Imagine delivering a unit in this condition to a customer... VERY POOR consideration for the customer by Forest River and/or PoulsboRV, which ever was supposed to clean the unit. But why was it sent out this way?  14:  The hot water is so hot it will scald you.

I asked if it could be turned down. Result: I was told by PoulsboRV that they would have to see if Forest River would pay for checking the water temperature... if they wouldn't I would have to pay for that. Today I was told that it was between 120 and 140 degrees that it was with in factory spec so they would not do anything.

COMMENT: Still unresolved but one added item. We used the unit for 1 month and the anode in the water heater is over 50% gone. I have purchased a new one which I will put in when we next use the unit. Over the years, and I am 80 so there have been many of them, I have owned; 1 truck/cab-over camper, 1 Scamp trailer, 3 Class B RVs, 2 Class C RVs, 1 Class A, and now this Rpod.

Most have had some initial problems but all the dealers made them good with no problems and no arguments. This is the ONLY one of the bunch that I am totally disgusted with. The design and layout is great but the factory craftsmanship is poor, Forest River does not support their customer, and PoulsoboRV will not do ANYTHING on their own. Really great customer service all around don't you think?  Before my problems were apparent a friend saw mine just after I brought it home and he purchased an identical unit from PoulsboRV a week later.

I just talked to him and he is experiencing some of the same problems I have had. At this point if we could return the unit and get our money back we would.  I cannot recommend to anyone the purchase an Rpod, or Forest River product without a warning that you are on your own. I am also very disappointed in the attitude of PoulsboRV.

All promises when you buy and abandoned when you need service. WE ARE NOT HAPPY RPOD OWNERS and with all the bent axles being reported I’ll have something else to watch for. Oh goody. I know that from now on I am on my own with any problems with this Rpod and have totally written off Forest River and PoulsboRV.

Bottom line: Today I took the 180 to a RV repair shop that has an EXCELLENT reputation who believe that the customer comes first. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Customer service and refusal to authorize warranty work
Reason of review:
Bad quality

RV Life

I love all these comments... This is a great interaction about a rotten company.

Guest

It is evident the Dealer from whom you purchased the unit DID NOT do the job for which they are paid. This puts the customer in an unfavorable opinion with regard to the product.

Had the Dealer done their job, the majority of these issues would not exist. We have a 2016 FR Wildwood X-Lite 253RLXL.

Yes, there have been a few issues but none that caused any inconvenience with any of our trips. From my professional experience, I say: "New only guarantees new, and not necessarily good." That is why the warranty exists and it is up to the selling Dealer to uphold the warranty terms.

Guest

I also have had the WORST purchase ever of a forest river travel trailer from Poulsbo RV in kent Wa.Never ever ever go there!They sold me the biggest piece of crap that they did extensive floor repair which is terrible,I am just in tears looking at this $29000 piece of crap!

Typical

Guest

Has anyone experience a issue with a slide out mounting brackets breaking off ? On my 2017 Forest River Phoenix lite 296rs Fifth wheel. The kitchen slide had two bolts snap off and when the slide was used it caused damage to the wall it was attach to.

Rojelio Xbd

I have a Sportscoach Legend motor home. Coachmen unit, plagued with a leaking roof from day one.

When Coachman was bought out by Forest River, I was informed that they would not honor Coachmen’s warranty’s.

So I have a $300,000 pile of crap! Never buy a Forest River product.

alan h Jzv

Hello to all of you Forest River RV’s owners having problems trying to get info on having your RV repaired. We have been dealing with an ongoing factory repair since June 28th 2019 and it is now Jan 10th 2020 and RV is still in Indiana and we can’t get a status or a completion / delivery date from them.

The repair was attempted once already and sent back to local dealership and was rejected by American Family RV in Chesapeake Va for the poor workmanship and was returned to Primetime manufacturing facility where it was to be repaired the second time, and has been sitting since. Don’t expect a lot from them and what you get is a bunch of lip service of what they are doing for you , peel the layers back with questions and they shut down. Here is a list of people with phone numbers and email address , so you can send or call whether it helps who knows but to copy and paste an email and send everyday I am sure will get old for them and maybe one will be a profession and get back with you. Many emails you will send you will have an automated email reply back I am out of the office until the following Monday and another person email is given if you have questions or concerns or the good old common Forest River phone # 574-862-**** for customer retail.

Customer service is #1 with them they say but we all know better or we wouldn’t need to be on this forum sharing horror stories or looking for contacts. I have spent countless hours emailing Duane who’s word of what he is doing for you is worthless and turns out to be falsehoods. Have asked countless times to speak with his supervisor and or higher ups , no replies ever. Local Dealer American Family RV has not been able to get answers and has not supplied me with a higher up supervisor to talk with so frustrations dealing with both of them is very high.

At one point I was told Lori is Duane supervisor so an email directly to her asking 2 question are you his supervisor and what is the status of my RV to date no reply to either. Your next step should be to file with BBB to build a pattern of the problems with all Forest River products. I have done this and case is still open due to the fact I have not got the RV back and statements by Duane to the BBB were rejected by me and my follow up to his account of this matter to the BBB has gone unanswered by Forest River ( Duane Casteel ) to date. My reply was one of his own emails of his own statements that went against what he had wrote as his account of this matter to the BBB complaint.

All this is good for building your case should you retain a lawyer. Hopefully they will step up for all of us , or the industry in whole will be regulated by a building standard to meet for RV ( at this point there is no building standards or codes for building a RV and why RV are mainly built in Indiana ). Hopefully a building code and standards will be in place one day and we will see better quality products being produced. Hope everyone the best BBB Serving Northern Indiana 4011 Parnell Avenue Fort Wayne, IN 46805 Phone: (260) 423-**** Fax: (260) 423-**** info@***.bbb.org bbb.org/northernindiana Maria Anciani-Dutt, Senior Dispute Resolution Specialist maria@***.bbb.org Phone: 260-918-**** The manufacturer of your defective RV will know whether your state lemon law covers RVs and the extent of such coverage, so you should talk to an experienced RV lemon law attorney who can make sure you understand your legal options.

If your motorhome, 5th wheel, or another motor vehicle is covered under a lemon law, you must allow the manufacturer a reasonable opportunity to correct the problem. This repair opportunity involves three or four repair attempts in many states, but the number of attempts can be as few as one or two where serious safety issue constitute the problem.

Further, the vehicle also might be subject to a lemon law claim if the vehicle is out of service for repair for a sufficient period, which often is thirty days but can be as few as fifteen in some states. Here are a few of the Forest River ( Prime Time Manufacture Inc ) Lesile Ott Service Coordinator LOtt@***.com 547-862-**** Sara Hankins Retail Advisor shankins@***.com 574-862-**** Duane Casteel Customer Affairs Manager dcasteel@***.com 547-86*-*** Lori Rewa lrewa@***.com Wendy Corl wcorl@***.com 547-862-**** Shannon Hunter shunter@***.com 547-862-**** Chelsey Wright cewright@***.com Terry Baughman tbaughman@***.com Forest River phone # 574-862-**** customer retail

alan h Jzv
reply icon Replying to comment of alan h Jzv

Sounds like the same thing we are going thru .DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY , NO SUPPORT , NO PRIDE , NO COMMUNICATION AFTER THE SALE

reply icon Replying to comment of alan h Jzv

Thank for your time to put this information together. We are in a very serious situation with our camper and all your info is a great help!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1822415

Nous avons acheté une Columbus 2024

Forest River - Nous avons acheté une Columbus 2024
Forest River - Nous avons acheté une Columbus 2024 - Image 2
Forest River - Nous avons acheté une Columbus 2024 - Image 3
Nous sommes vraiment déçus de notre équipement Nos armoires ont défoncés et les tablettes en avant ont arrachées Notre génératrice ne fonctionne pas Lélectricité de notre chauffage ne fonctionne pas Nos jacks ne fonctionnent plus Et cest une 2024 seulement un voyage en Floride et à notre retour nous avons gelés Pourriez vous faire quelque chose pour nous Merci lynedionmatte@***.com Nous avons acheté notre roulotte chez vr st Nicolas

User's recommendation: Pas certain de la qualité du produit

Mildred B Fsa

Warranty for Dexter Axles

Forest River - Warranty for Dexter Axles
Forest River - Warranty for Dexter Axles - Image 2
Forest River - Warranty for Dexter Axles - Image 3

Cracked welds on my 4000lb. Dexter Torflex Axles.

We are annual Snow Birders from Central British Columbia that head for Yuma in early January for three months in our 28ft.

2016 Flagstaff 5th wheel. Model WFLF8528IKWS. This trailer is primarily used for this purpose. It is a 5000 mile return trip all on paved highways and freeways.

There is approximately 35000 total miles on the trailer. I would like to note that this unit has never been used off road. Only on major paved highways. We are the original owners and do all of the required maintenance when needed.

In October I wanted to re-pack my bearings and redo the brakes. Upon removal of my tires I immediately noticed the cracked welds on the outside of the u-shaped brackets on the axles. Further inspection also revealed a major stress crack on the inside of one bracket and hairline cracks on the remaining three. A potentially dangerous situation!

The dry weight of my trailer is 8332 lbs. with a G.V.W. of 9389lbs.I am legally only allowed to carry 1007 lbs.of cargo with these two 4000 lb. Axles.

My two gray and one blackwater tank if full would account for more than half of my allowable load limit. Flagstaff in their cost saving engineering design made this trailer barely street legal and didn't give any true consideration to normal everyday use. These axles are to small for this unit ! They should have been at minimum 5000 lb.

axles. If Flagstaff would have done this initially( at minimal extra cost ) I am certain that I would not be here posting this situation today. I have notified Flagstaff and Dexter of my seriously under designed suspension problem and they have both denied me any help in regards to this matter. They have both said that because my 5 year warranty has expired there is nothing they can do for me.

Dexter did mention that if I had bought my trailer 10 months later there would have been a 10 year warranty on the axles .Not certain why this is so? I have personally installed two new 6000lb. axles. What a difference!

No more fish tailing and minimal bouncing when in tow. Tracks beautifully now. Something that Flagstaff should have done initially at the factory. The suspension on this unit was under stress from day one.

I am not happy with the quality and the service of this Flagstaff (Forest River) product.

Would never buy another one again. Frank Bomben; Pissed Off Forest River owner.

Loss:

Preferred solution: compensation for suspension replacement

User's recommendation: Check the load limits for the particular unit you wish to purchase. Make sure their cargo capacity is a realistic figure for normal every day RVing. and the suspension is sufficient for the load.ing

Tonia G Ubk

Verified Reviewer

Persistent water leaks causing severe damage

Forest River - Persistent water leaks causing severe damage

I first purchased the Sabre Fifth Wheel from Gander RV in Redding, California in April 2021. The first time the trailer was hooked up to water was on October 16, 2021.

Within the first two hours, the entire upper deck bathroom was flooded with water. The trailer was then transported to Gander RV for a warranty fix. It was found that the clothes washer water lines had not been fully crimped causing water to leak out of the line and flood the upper deck bathroom. Not a great first experience.

No damage was done to the subfloor as the flooded bathroom was caught within the first couple of hours.

Subsequent water leaks followed seeming to come one after another. Each time the trailer was taken back in for repair under the manufacturer warranty. The sheer volume of water leaks since first purchasing the unit has been excessive and beyond what a consumer of sound mind would expect from the purchase of an $80,000 travel trailer.

A good will fix has been requested via email due to yet another water leak in the upper bathroom, this one substantial enough to have caused severe damage to the upper deck subfloor of the trailer. The unit was once again taken to an authorized repair shop for diagnosis and repair.

The authorized repair shop diagnosed the water leak as a faulty faucet.

After the diagnosis, the repair shop wrote the repair estimate and submitted the claim to my extended warranty for the trailer. The faulty faucet repair was authorized, but the repair of the extensive and substantial damage to the subfloor was denied. The repair estimate for the subfloor damage was quoted at $10,000.

This repair is an absolute requirement due to the potential for mold growth, which can cause severe respiratory damage to anyone breathing the air inside of the unit, so there are no other options other than to have the entire upper deck subfloor removed and replaced.

One would expect that purchasing a Forest River fifth wheel wouldnt come with such lofty repair bills within the first couple years of ownership when it was purchased new from an authorized dealer at a not so meek of a price.

The sheer amount of water leaks in this unit is absolutely unacceptable. I would expect that Forest River would also find this poor quality of workmanship unacceptable for their brand name.

Think twice before purchasing a Forest River RV.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Most affordable brand
Cons:
  • Poor quality and workmanship

User's recommendation: Don’t purchase a Forest River RV

John B Iss

Warranty work

Forest River - Warranty work
Forest River - Warranty work - Image 2
Forest River - Warranty work - Image 3
Back wall is separating from sides. It was not in a wreck or struck by anything. I do not know why or how this could have happened other than a defect from manufacturing.

Preferred solution: I would like a full repair

map-marker Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Poor craftmenship

I just bought a 2023 forest river heritage glen 43 ft 5thwheel. It was forestall by owner.

They used the unit for less then 3 months. At first everything looks great. We have been using it for 2 months. Some of the things I have found so far.

Screws and staples under roof membrane. Roof membrane separating at seems. Trim pieces coming unglued and silicone breaking down all over outside of unit. Master bedroom slide can see daylight halfway up wall on one side and bottom corner of slide you can see outside.wet bay I beam alluminim welds are not solid they have holes in them.

Many trim screws put not flush. Entry door does not seal bottom left corner can see daylight. Trim on inside of door one side is half inch short. Staples and puddy all can be seen on all Trim ceilings.

Pantry shelves are not secure. Hardware for pantry doors crooked screws stripped. Oven drawer is crooked. Calking around shower cracked and seperated.

Bathroom trim seperated from wall.Ac fins throughout trailer are not connected. Threshold screws are sticking up and at angle. I understand small issues but for a unit that msrp for 90k it should not have this many issues. I use to be a builder and I may notice more then some, but the final qaulity at the factory this unit should have failed.

What can I do. I'm paying 68k financed by owner.

Jean Claude L Uxj

Trouble with counter top

Forest River - Trouble with counter top
Its bubble up,it looks to me like it never was glue in the first place from the factory,need to be replace or repair

Dannica Xwa
map-marker Acayucan, Veracruz De Ignacio De La Llave

Online and on my buyers paperwork states that it has an outside kitchen now they are telling me it does not come with it. I told him to stop number that they gave me on the website still today says it

Forest River - Online and on my buyers paperwork states that it has an outside kitchen now they...
Forest River - Online and on my buyers paperwork states that it has an outside kitchen... - Image 2
Forest River - Online and on my buyers paperwork states that it has an outside kitchen... - Image 3
I am buying a new camper. The Camper paperwork states that it has a stove fridge raider and TV outside when I called Camper in this morning they told me that was just an error. I do not feel that right if it was an error, it wasn't on my side it was. if I made an error, they would expect me to correct it and pay the difference.

Preferred solution: Exactly what it says on the paperwork outside kitchen with TV, fridge raider and cooker on slide rack

James B Tud

Verified Reviewer

Legal use of photography of my Coach for non profit

Forest River - Legal use of photography of my Coach for non profit
Making sure that using photo of my 2006 Georgetown XL is the ok to use for my non profit organization is legal to use and not a problem or infringement on your company product you may contact me at Gadaboutthevontry@***.com or 562-333-****,I greatly appreciate your valuable insight to my quiry
Pros:
  • You will enjoy what you purchase if you learn about it first

Preferred solution: Information

User's recommendation: I wouldn't own anything else but Forrest river products

Featured
James G Sov

Manufacturing defect

Forest River - Manufacturing defect
Forest River - Manufacturing defect - Image 2
Forest River - Manufacturing defect - Image 3
Forest River - Manufacturing defect - Image 4
Updated by user Oct 04, 2023

I am in negotiations with Forest River.

Original review Sep 19, 2023
I Purchased, a forest river toy hauler. The third time I used it, the floor anchor, separated from the floor.

This was due to faulty craftsmanship at the manufacturer. The floor anchors are supposed to be screwed to a 2 x 3 underneath the floor with three screws. When it was manufactured, the hole cut in the floor to house the floor anchor, was not centered over the 2 x 3. The result of that was that the screws did not hit the 2 x 3 anywhere near the center.

In fact, they barely hit the 2 x 3 at all.

Forest River will not correct this problem and stated to me the reason was they dont know how tight I anchored my motorcycle or if I used the proper straps. Ill provide pictures if anyone is curious.

Preferred solution: Repair

User's recommendation: Do not purchase any Forest River products

map-marker Los Angeles, California

Not satisfied how I was treated

I call a guy three times an he never called back I called another guy an he was the rudest person I a have talk to He work one problem out but not another Im having a hard time with getting some work on my Trailor on we have so much wrong with it We go to az for the winter didnt think we would have trouble with it nobody we work on it cause it was a sand storm

| map-marker Ann Arbor, Michigan

My new toy hauler is a piece of crap

Forest River - My new toy hauler is a piece of crap
Forest River - My new toy hauler is a piece of crap - Image 2
Forest River - My new toy hauler is a piece of crap - Image 3
Forest River - My new toy hauler is a piece of crap - Image 4
Forest River - My new toy hauler is a piece of crap - Image 5
Forest River - My new toy hauler is a piece of crap - Image 6
Have had kitchen sink leak shower leak between walls damaging door frame top bunk bottom fell off had to buy trim board to nail it back on slide out doesnt close all the way on front top corner first time we put slide out it was bond up fridge isnt straight have leak somewhere had runner in front of door was soaked hadnt been in camper for few weeks a lot of the trim on inside door in toy hauler part all loose

User's recommendation: Very poorly built

RVs, Motorhomes and Trailers Expert Talks

RV Camping: Everything You Need to Know About RV Travel

Nov 13, 2020

RV expert and experienced traveler, Mark Koep, shares his advice with consumers on how to set up an RV, plan a camping trip, choose RV campgrounds, and stay safe while RV traveling during the pandemic.

Read full article
Mark Koep
Mark Koep

Mark Koep is an owner of CampgroundViews.com and an RV expert, who knows everything about RV parks and campgrounds in the US.

Jarod A

New RV and is falling apart after 6 nights

Forest River - New RV and is falling apart after 6 nights
Forest River - New RV and is falling apart after 6 nights - Image 2

Have pop up RV trailer 6 months old been in camp land San Diego for 6 days roof leaks and slide out is falling off . Door don't close .

Propane smell with heater gave a headache after ten minutes. Rubber moldings falling off bathroom wall coming apart water leak under toilet. A rip in the screen in window have Google pictures with date and time 10 hours after setting up for the 1 st time was told it would be taken care of I have a year warranty . BS on Forest River warranty.

They are rude from the beginning of the phone call to the end.

No one should ever buy Forest River products ever till they get control of the way they build, handle,and answer phone calls . Total boycott of Forest River products.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay in motel it's way cheaper and more comfortable

Loren and Patty A

| map-marker Montrose, Colorado

Defective Kitchen Cabinet Factory Installation

Forest River - Defective Kitchen Cabinet Factory Installation
Forest River - Defective Kitchen Cabinet Factory Installation - Image 2
Forest River - Defective Kitchen Cabinet Factory Installation - Image 3
Forest River - Defective Kitchen Cabinet Factory Installation - Image 4
On a camping trip last week in our 2021 Forest River Microlite, the entire kitchen cabinet including the microwave fell down. The cabinet had been installed with eight small screws. We are thankful no one was injured, since our grandsons sleep on the floor. Forest River was unable to assist us immediately and we were 300 miles from home. We hired local repairmen to reinstall. Forest River has declined reimbursement since our trailer was out of warranty and it was repaired by someone who Forest River had not approved. This failure was caused by a structural design flaw. Eight small screws?
Loss:
Pros:
  • We love the layout of the trailer very comfortable and light
Cons:
  • Kitchen
  • Poorly built continuous design issues with slide

Preferred solution: Reimbursement for cabinet re-installation.

User's recommendation: Be cautious with Forest River products.

map-marker Wadsworth, Nevada

So disappointed. So poorley made.

We purchased our brand new 2023 Forest River Salem travel trailer approximatley 10 mos ago. So many things went wrong right from the get go.

I have no idea how they can pass these on to the public and still be proud of their name. I would be embarresed. Our heater never worked from the very first time we tried to use it. Tried working with the warranty department which is a joke.

We finally called a repair man our selves. It kept shorting out. Reason because the furnace box was sitting on one of the wires pinching it. I am sure they do not have a quality control department.

So many things have gone wrong.Broken chair. Cabinets all hinges loose and will not tighten.

Toilet leaks, gages do not work.Laminate comi ng off the cabinets. Too much more to explain.

User's recommendation: Do not purchase. Our first travel trailer ever purchased and we were so excited to drive from Nevada to Ohio to pick up. So dissappointed.

Brands Related to Forest River

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article