Forest River - Stock unit comes to dealers that should have never left the assembly process.
This is just one example of Forest River Salem Cruise Lite issues.. Now, its important to understand the Forest River offers the idea of camping to folks that would not normally be able to afford the opportunity. For instance, FR offers campers that are at a much better price point then many other companies- That being said, they are able to cut cost by using companies and products that offer a great warranty, not a great product.. then its installed by what seems to be inexperienced techs.
As you can see in the photo, instead of using proper plumbing they forced a connection which obviously didn't hold up. So the first time the camper was used a water leak was found.. that water leak is now two broken flanges.. one grey tank and one black tank, both of which will have to be repaired or should be replaced.. and of course the trap system will need to be installed properly. So now that a customer has taken a loan for the 17000.00 dollar and must keep current to avoid collection matters, they will not be able to *** in the own camper or use the water systems unless they and the camp grounds are okay with the leaking..
These repairs can be handled in two days.. but the parts will take several weeks to arrive and one poor hourly person will spend his or her time playing with someone else's *** just so that Forest River can deny the claim for not enough photos of the repair or instead of paying the dealer for the 9 hours it took to complete the repair, they will say it should have only took 2 hours..
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Cruise Lite
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We have had numerous problems with our 2012 XLR Thunderbolt...Dealing with Diane Daly at Forest River was not a good experience... She never answered e-mails or phone calls promptly. ..."
- "Own a 2011 Cargo Mate Trailer/Forest River Trailer. Trailer is only 4 years old. Side door has already begun to rot thru! The first time I traveled in a rain..."
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- "Only concerned about getting paid, no communication, untruths, too many cooks in the kitchen, ignores lab reports and treats anyway. Says sorry a lot. Poor animal care. Dried food and..."
- "This took almost a month to resolve. The costumer service IS AWFUL! I bought several items when arrived I was missing 2 items. Initially I tried to call however they..."
- "Rebecca Sprague and Jesse replied to an email I sent to them in February of 2013 regarding a kitten. We had 2nd choice of this litter in question, and we..."
- "Purchased a 6.5 ft Aspen Silver Fir Tree with Candlelight bulbs, received a tree with clear LED and one strand of Candlelight. See picture, Yellow Candlelight bulbs on bottom, clear..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "I purchased a Marketside organic spring mix salad from Walmart. It was in a clear hard plastic container. It says on the package washed and ready to eat. I opened..."