1K views

I'm sure this won't help but I had to put my frustration into words and hopefully keep someone else from experiencing this frustration. We purchased a 2014 Sierra 360PDEK by Forest River at Specialty RV in Lancaster, OH.

After two short years of little use, the slide out stopped working. Thank goodness we purchased the extended warranty!! The Air conditioner also went out at the same time. We took our RV in for service at Specialty RV.

It has been there for two months and no end in sight. They are going around and around with Forest River and Lippert about a part number. Seriously???? No one can come up with a part number????

Really!?!?!?!?!?! This is so unacceptable on so many levels. I corresponded personally with a warranty representative at Forest River. She said It's not under warranty any longer (their warranty ends after one year) She said it was up to the dealer and the warranty company.

Again, REALLY?? Aren't they at all interested in trying to get to the bottom of the issue? Do they not have any ethics to stand behind their product. Their RVs are not cheap.....We spent a lot of money on a permanent camping spot and we have been without our camper for two + months and no resolution in sight.

DO NOT PURCHASE AN RV UNDER THE FOREST RIVER BRAND! YOU WILL BE VERY DISAPPOINTED AND FEEL COMPLETELY RIPPED OFF!!!!!

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Forest River. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Forest River.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Dealers category for more informed decision or compare Forest River to other companies on our site.

Comments

Los Angeles, California, United States #1235778

This is so helpful. I am sorry you are going through this.

I am ready to retire and I am an amputee with many friends in USAA and disabled groups. The last thing we need is garbage like this. Forest River might have screwed you; however you can take heart that this review will prevent many people from buying their garbage.

Forrest river, winnebego do not care. They just want to sell RVS in this time of low gas prices.

Thanks,

John

USN retired

Aylmer, Ontario, Canada #1221504

I totally agree - this company should not be allowed to be in business.

I would support a class action lawsuit to reclaim my loss but they probably have sheltered their equity in one of Warren's shell companies and there would be nothing to recover.

Coupland, Texas, United States #1218159

I agree. I have a 2015 FR3 and goes in the for a few months after each 3 day trip.

Had 4 3 day trips in it in 2 years. This is a very poor quality brand (Forest River)