Forest River, ND 58233, USA
Featured Not resolved
2.5

Update by user Nov 11, 2016

If I can give anyone advice it would be research, research, research.At this point I have logged about 25 hours on line and talked to several RV mechanics, the Ford F53 chassis rep and several salesmen which the latter is useless.

I ve learned an enormous amount in the last month. Its like building a home you have to start from the ground up. Look past all the chrome and glitter and and be concerned about the chassis and horse power to do the job or you will be miserable.

Now I see why so many people I talk to sell the bran new lesser and buy a 6,8, or even a 10 year old very well made motorhome for the same price.Its a shame so many people spend this kind of money at a time of their life when they should be having a wonderful time just to have it turn out to be a horrible experience wishing they had never ventured into this idea.

Original review posted by user Nov 10, 2016

The F53 does not seem heavy enough for the FR3 30 DS.I've driven 18 wheelers for 4 years, Fire engines and Aerial ladders for 30 years.

This is the worst vehicle I've ever driven in my life. I so wish I had rented this vehicle for a few days instead of purchasing. I never would have. I'm learning fast that $90,000 dollars is on the low end of a motor home.

I'm ok with that because I can fix the bottom of all the drawers that fall out, leaking P trap under the shower, leaking glass shower door frame, the bad design on the over flow on the fresh water tank causing the tank to cave in on itself. And I've spent over $2,000 dollars on upgrading the front and rear sway bars and adding a rear track bar. Its a lot better but I still dont even enjoy driving this vehicle. I could have stayed in a $200.00 a night hotel for 450 nights for this motor home.

If I'm the only one with these problems I'll take it and shut up and just rack it up as another bad decision.

Trust me it's not the only one I've made in my 60 years.I just wish they were not so expensive.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "see above." of forest river rv and associated monetary loss in the amount of $9000. Forest River needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned forest river rv in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Forest River.

Had an Experience with Forest River?

Comments