Forest River - Sway, water leaks, water tank, cabinets, WOW
Update added by user Nov 11, 2016
If I can give anyone advice it would be research, research, research.At this point I have logged about 25 hours on line and talked to several RV mechanics, the Ford F53 chassis rep and several salesmen which the latter is useless.
I ve learned an enormous amount in the last month. Its like building a home you have to start from the ground up. Look past all the chrome and glitter and and be concerned about the chassis and horse power to do the job or you will be miserable.
Now I see why so many people I talk to sell the bran new lesser and buy a 6,8, or even a 10 year old very well made motorhome for the same price.Its a shame so many people spend this kind of money at a time of their life when they should be having a wonderful time just to have it turn out to be a horrible experience wishing they had never ventured into this idea.
Original review posted by user Nov 10, 2016
The F53 does not seem heavy enough for the FR3 30 DS.I've driven 18 wheelers for 4 years, Fire engines and Aerial ladders for 30 years.
This is the worst vehicle I've ever driven in my life. I so wish I had rented this vehicle for a few days instead of purchasing. I never would have. I'm learning fast that $90,000 dollars is on the low end of a motor home.
I'm ok with that because I can fix the bottom of all the drawers that fall out, leaking P trap under the shower, leaking glass shower door frame, the bad design on the over flow on the fresh water tank causing the tank to cave in on itself. And I've spent over $2,000 dollars on upgrading the front and rear sway bars and adding a rear track bar. Its a lot better but I still dont even enjoy driving this vehicle. I could have stayed in a $200.00 a night hotel for 450 nights for this motor home.
If I'm the only one with these problems I'll take it and shut up and just rack it up as another bad decision.
Trust me it's not the only one I've made in my 60 years.I just wish they were not so expensive.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Own a 2011 Cargo Mate Trailer/Forest River Trailer. Trailer is only 4 years old. Side door has already begun to rot thru! The first time I traveled in a rain..."
- "I bought a 2006 28 FT Work and Play trailer and have owned it since new. I complained to Forest River 2 years ago about how the finishh had..."
- "on January 24th 2015 I bought a brand new Flagstaff 28 VRBS super V light from camping world in Grain Valley Missouri. On April 13th I took it in for..."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "My session at B-Precious photography had the quality like it was done on an old school phone camera. I thought I was getting a great deal since she was cheaper..."
- "I was emailing and talking on comments with this girl @Tifflatowski92 and she convinced me to trade her my louis vuitton favorite pm for her louis vuitton favorite mm and..."
- "Clunky interface that is even worse than Netflix. Extremely poor selection. Only offer a handful of episodes for each show. I have no idea why this requires 80 words. It..."
- "We live in a mobile home so finding someone to install or repair anything is a nightmare. We were pressured into the buy. We were told it would not only..."
- "Lawyer DeAnn Pladson of Fargo North Dakota illegally withheld stolen software, source code and financial information (all called Stolen Records) refusing to return the stolen records until I, Jon Tollefson,..."