Forest River - Sway, water leaks, water tank, cabinets, WOW
Update added by user Nov 11
If I can give anyone advice it would be research, research, research.At this point I have logged about 25 hours on line and talked to several RV mechanics, the Ford F53 chassis rep and several salesmen which the latter is useless.
I ve learned an enormous amount in the last month. Its like building a home you have to start from the ground up. Look past all the chrome and glitter and and be concerned about the chassis and horse power to do the job or you will be miserable.
Now I see why so many people I talk to sell the bran new lesser and buy a 6,8, or even a 10 year old very well made motorhome for the same price.Its a shame so many people spend this kind of money at a time of their life when they should be having a wonderful time just to have it turn out to be a horrible experience wishing they had never ventured into this idea.
Original review posted by user Nov 10
The F53 does not seem heavy enough for the FR3 30 DS.I've driven 18 wheelers for 4 years, Fire engines and Aerial ladders for 30 years.
This is the worst vehicle I've ever driven in my life. I so wish I had rented this vehicle for a few days instead of purchasing. I never would have. I'm learning fast that $90,000 dollars is on the low end of a motor home.
I'm ok with that because I can fix the bottom of all the drawers that fall out, leaking P trap under the shower, leaking glass shower door frame, the bad design on the over flow on the fresh water tank causing the tank to cave in on itself. And I've spent over $2,000 dollars on upgrading the front and rear sway bars and adding a rear track bar. Its a lot better but I still dont even enjoy driving this vehicle. I could have stayed in a $200.00 a night hotel for 450 nights for this motor home.
If I'm the only one with these problems I'll take it and shut up and just rack it up as another bad decision.
Trust me it's not the only one I've made in my 60 years.I just wish they were not so expensive.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "We bought a 2013 Forest River Cherokee pull behind trailer and took one trip in it and when we were on our way back home we stopped and noticed our..."
- "Dealer new he was selling a 2010 cruise lite 26 bh trailer with a wet floor.As they sarnia rv tried to cover it up with a bad paint job on..."
- "Purchased this Flagstaff Microlite 18FBRS trailer new in the spring of 2013 and right from the start I discovered quality control issues. First, roof openings, front seal and..."
- "We live in a mobile home so finding someone to install or repair anything is a nightmare. We were pressured into the buy. We were told it would not only..."
- "Booked a King bed and showed up at three PM when I could check in and there were no King rooms clean or available. I was busted down to 2..."
- "Bought a so-called complete motor. After 3wks it finally shipped. Said it was being "tested". Received a block of metal, nowhere near complete. Had a broken off intake manifold, cracked..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."
- "...all the shots of the ones I wanted of her in angel wings were terrible!!! Photographer only took two shots..."
- "Got a car at Luton Airport GM while raining and couldn't check it thoroughly. When I returned it they found these scratches and charged me 688 GBP! And the GM..."