10-30-11 Forest River has not issued a RECALL yet.

In 2011, after our 2nd trip with 2012 Forest River 2109 Rockwood Mini-Lite, we found gravel under the couch during our clean up. We looked at the wheel wells inside and out and found the tires were touching the wheel well and rubbed completely through. The wiring tube was rubbed and full of gravel as well.

We contacted the dealer we bought the RV, with a couch slide out, from. They immediately informed Forest River directly and had them contact us.

Forest River said they would not exchange out the camper for a new one but would send repair parts. They had an area repair service rep. call us and schedule a time to repair it.

When he arrived he had never seen this situation before nor the extension brackets to add to a torsion model he had only done this on units with springs.

He said the RV defect is a new design flaw and results in the company fixing it for us as a recall. PlEASE, everyone who owns one, get this dangerous situation fixed as FOREST RIVER has NOT INFORMED CONSUMERS NOR RECALLED yet.

Review about: Forest River Rv.

Had an Experience with Forest River?

Comments

#521945

We purchased this fifth wheel in nov 2010.Took two trips in 2011 1- 1/2 hours away.

2012 took our first trip blew tire sounded like cannon. blew side of camper out. Two weeks later took another 2-1/2 hour trip another tire blown more damage blew entire piping system out of kitchen and back bathroom. I want answers.

I contacted BBB. yesterday and will contact legal help if needed. I am going to try to call manufacturer if I can get thru.

I have not had a chance to have the one side fixed now other side damaged.I have seen numerous complaints on other websites.

We have had to replace two tires on our 30!5th wheel one wore all the tread of the out side and the other had two big blisters on the side walls.

Now we have the brown markings on the side that have cracked up and look bad. I showed this to the dealer and he call mr. Bob Bradley and was told to send pic. of this to him.

I did and no responce from forest rive Bradley.I will have the dealer to send them next and see if this makes an differrance.

I have known several owners of forest river units that have serious problems with the chinese tires fr puts on their rvs.bubbles, blowouts tearing sides off units.

fr does not feel a responsibity to reimbure these people for tires after warranty on unit especially if 2, 3, or 4 years old. most units travel a few hundred miles a year if that.

also try and contact fr.I would never even consider fr at any kind of deal ask around campgrounds and get educated or take a chance of putting your family at serious risk with inferior tires fr is well aware of.

My rockwood trailer ...new, use only once...has this same problem and Forest River does not know if they will repair it.Why?

Are your trailer single use only? It this dangerous to use? Where do I go for help?

Who to I contact reguarding this issue?

H.Ahern

heleneahern@yahoo.com

How or where do I go to see if there are any outstanding recalls on my Forest River Unit ?

First posted numerous problems with our Feather River in late 2010.Currently our campers is still in the shop for repairs since AUG 10 with tire problems causing $7,200

worth of damage.

Feather River is not sending the the shop the correct parts.

It's been in the shop 5 months!Tell everyone not to buy Feather River, any model.