2.0

I have a 2014 Forest River Salem 24 footer. Sways all over the road, nearly lost control both times I have towed it, the first being the day I bought it and was bringing it home.

The second time it was on a busy section of 3 lane interstate, all over all 3 lanes and just lucky a semi wasn't on either side of me because I would have been hit and killed. Struggled to regain control and thought it was going to flip me over before I could get it under control and off the side of the freeway. Spent over $600 on anti-sway system from the dealer who sold it but it didn't matter. The inside was a mess, stuff thrown everywhere, things broken.

The dealer took it for a test drive and admitted "something is definitely not right" but they can't figure out what. They've called in two more experts to see if they can figure out why it sways like crazy. I left it at the dealers and told them to sell it after they "fix" it - if they can figure out how to fix it. Never again will buy another Forest River travel trailer - I was just about killed the first time I took it out for a camping trip - and that was an experience I don't care to ever have happen again.

Just glad no one plowed into my truck or trailer while I was swaying all over 3 lanes on an extremely busy stretch of I-5. I think their products have some serious design flaws.

This person wrote the review because of "safety concerns" of 2014 forest river salem travel trailer from Forest River. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $7000 and wants Forest River to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was towing capability and stability and rv quality. Author liked the most looks and the floor plan and trailer layout. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Forest River for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

I have a 2014 Forrest River flagstaff, had to put 6,000 bump stops on my 2012 dodge 1500 Hemi, see E-Trailers.com they are the place I got mine, Also had to put Dual Cam Sway bars on to, the book for my truck said 10,400 max towing, NOT, not with out these extras, you can tow but without these items, NOT,got sway bars from Tom Johnson Camping World, Marion, NC, take time to walk around dealer repair lot and see what other people have on their same size RV you will learn a lot at no charge