1.1K views

I purchased a Flagstaff 831BHSS travel trailer manufactured by Forest River new in 2005. I had relatively no problems until this past summer on a cross country trip.

I noticed the frame was down approx 3 inches from the trailer body on the right side at the rear bumper. I brought it to my rv dealer and they determined the frame was cracked and buckled at the axle platform.I contacted my insurance co and they denied the claim stating it was a manufacturer defect. I contacted forest river and they said the one year warranty was up and to contact Dexter frame co. Dexter Frame co told me the same thing that it was out of their one year warranty and the damage was caused by an "undetermined load or impact shock".

Shouldn't a trailer be able to withstand normal road conditions. And shouldn't a component like the frame be covered for more than a year? Both companies refused to stand by their product and insisted that I had to have hit something which I did not.I am left to my own devices to fix it or trash it.

This isn't the first Forest river product I purchased , but it is definitely the last.

Review about: Forest River Rv.

Comments

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #231942

I own two forest travel trailers they are allso JUNK :( I would not recomend this brand to any one