1.9

We bought a 2017 "Sunseeker" 2860DS in March. When we first got it, we noticed a lot of screws, pieces of wood molding, and cut wire fragments on the floor.

Where did these all come from? Was our motorhome inspected prior to shipping? Did it get cleaned before we got it? I have heard from various people that these items are "left overs" from the manufacturing process.

Apparently, the "clock" is ticking and the pace is fast in the plant to get these coaches out as quickly as possible. So, picking up screws etc. that fall onto the floor is too time consuming. Therefore, the new owner is left with a mess to clean up in a brand new coach.

Since our purchase in March, we have been back to the dealership every other month with various problems. These include: the jack system ( twice so far), refrigerator, air conditioner, back window blind falling down, and our camera system not working correctly. I have called and emailed our Forest River warranty rep several times. He is trying to help.

The dealership is also trying to work through these problems. But, parts are on order and we are without the use of our motorhome because of poor manufacturing and shoddy quality control. This is a brand new coach! We should not be experiencing these types of problems with a unit that has barely been used.

Our main use of this motorhome has been to drive it back and forth between our home and the dealership for repairs! I am sad beyond words! I sit and cry all of the time because we had dreams of going camping and enjoying quality time as a family! We can't do this because I ended up financing a $70,000 POS!

As I write this, it is the beginning of September. We've barely been anywhere in our motorhome. How can you go anywhere when your motorhome is constantly at the dealership for repairs? It is at the dealership again!

Parts are on order. We will not have the motorhome available for use this Labor Day weekend. I am crying again because the frustration and sadness is intolerable. $70,000 is a lot of money to "throw away" on a lemon!

What is the company going to do to make things right? I honestly think they should "step up to the plate", acknowledge that we got a "lemon" and give us a new motorhome that actually works this time! In addition, they should send someone from the plant to the dealership.

These "bigwigs" need to inspect our motorhome with a "fine tooth" comb and see what the *** is going on with it! Then, they can see for themselves how shoddy the workmanship is!

Product or Service Mentioned: 2017 Forest River Sunseeker 2860ds Rv.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Camper.

I didn't like: Quality of workmanship.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 01, 2017.

Comments

ransom

Unfortunately, I’m not sure any company is making high quality RV campers.Disappointing

to ransom #1454176

I agree. Consumers need to demand better products.

I bought a 2017 Jayco Gray Hawk DS 31.............. all I have been doing is repairing the wood work, no nail or even glue holding some areas to together..... there is a lack of Quality control for sure, no doubt in my mind.

I will never buy another product from forest river , 100 % bad quality, poor craftsmanship, bad quality control, leaks at the slide and rotten boards due to lack of sealant on slide seal, panty shelves only outer edge support cause the middle sag, had a new ac installed in less than a year, ladder framing had to by rebuilt due to particle board getting wet from slide, non of this covered by warranty except the a/c, not even with extended or manufacture warranty, junk, should have stayed with coachman

to Cary #1429543

I feel your pain. I don’t understand why consumers put up with shoddy products and quality control?

We should demand better and hold the companies accountable. As long as we continue to buy junk; we’ll get junk!

Boy I was so close to signing paperwork and a new camper but after reading this I will never buy one of them

Thanks for sharing. After reading these comments and experiences I will look elsewhere for the RV of my dreams. Your experience saved me $$

to Anonymous #1396101

You're welcome!

How frustrating.

I know because I, too, have had a $70,000+ lemon .... a new Mercedes-Benz.

I've heard there are two happy days in the life of a camper/RV owner : the day you pick it up and the day you sell it.

There's no excuse for the shabby manufacturing job you described.

Shame on the company and their QC inspector, if they have one !

to Smitty #1379006

I'm beginning to understand why that saying is so true! Thanks for the support! It's appreciated!