We purchased our FR Wildcat 35WB in March'17. After one summer of use, it developed a very large soft spot in the floor.

When we took the camper in for repairs, FR denied our repair claim stating that all campers have soft spots above the holding tanks. After contacting the company personally, they asked for more pictures. Once the pictures were submitted, we were told we had to wait until the manager returned from vacation. It has taken six weeks of back and forth, between our repair people and FR, but they are still refusing to fix the floor.

The most recent email state's that our repair center-who is a certified FR repair center- has been denied again. If, and that's a big IF, the manager decides that they'll fix the repairs, FR will pickup the trailer and take it to their factory in Indiana, Illinois...? to complete repairs. In the meantime we're out our fifth wheel for both spring break and Easter break, not to mention we're relocating in six weeks, and will FR deliver the camper to our new home three states away?

Anybody's guess at this point.

This has been one of the most irritating and infuriating transactions of my adult life. If asked, I would never recommend Forrest River to anyone based on the ineptitude of their warranty department, their lack of customer service after the sale, and the overall quality of the product.

Review about: Forest River Rv Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments

I purchased a 2017 Wildcat 28SGX back in August 2016. About a year later we noticed sagging/spongy floors as well.

I have approximately 6-7 very soft/spongy spots on the floor to the main area of our Fifth Wheel. I took it back to the dealer where I purchased it around September 2017 (30 days or so out of warranty). I was told that soft spots are normal where the liquid storage tanks are located. We lived with the couple of spots back then until about a month ago.

We now have several soft spots that deflect 1-2 inches, one over 2 inches. So I reached out to Forrest River via there website "contact us" section. So far I have actually received a phone call and several emails back and forth with the Wildcat Warranty Manager. He directed me to the closest "authorized dealer" which was only 22 miles from my house - not the dealer I purchased from.

They have since took photos and video of the issues and provided them to the Forrest River Wildcat Warranty Manager.

Now I await his response for the plan to replace my floor or replace my camper! More to follow soon!

StainedSeaSquirt

Forest River is terrible!

#1462074

We just bought a 2018 Forest River Sandpiper. Five days in.....gray water holding tanks falls out from the underbelly and rips out everything underneath.

Now we are paying $250-$300 a night for a hotel...so far out of pocket $2,000....they only want to reimburse $800 as "goodwill". DO NOT BUY FOREST RIVER PRODUCTS......THEY HAVE TO FIX THIS BECAUSE IT IS UNDER WARRANTY BUT THEY COULD GIVE A CRAP ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE. THE REVIEWS ON LINE ABOUT FR ARE HORRIBLE. WE SHOULD HAVE DONE MORE RESEARCH....BUT...AS SOON AS WE GET THIS THING BACK FROM THE SHOP....ITS GONE.

DO NOT BUY FROM FOREST RIVER.

THEIR CORPORATE OFFICE ... YOU CAN ONLY GET VOICEMAIL...........VERY DIFFICULT TO GET A LIVE PERSON ON THE LINE......THATS YOUR FIRST RED FLAG RIGHT THERE.......DO NOT BUY FOREST RIVER.

to TINA MATEJEK #1464951

We've been getting the run-around since March 2nd. Still nothing.

I'm filing with the Better Business Bureau in my home state as well as theirs. I also found a website for a consumer action agency that I will be contacting in addition to the BBB.