2.1

Bought the Rockwood 8317ss new in 2006. Before I could take it out the first time the door lock froze and had to be replaced-3 weeks?

This was a lot of money for me $24,000 and I thought I was buying the best. I caulked every crack I could find twice yearly and replaced plastics on roof about every 3rd year. We used an ADCO full cover about 7-8 months/year. We used it 2 weeks and a couple weekends per year for 7-8 years.

I broke a hip and had surgery that kept us home over 2 summers. Driving to Disney in May 2015 we stopped at a MD rest stop on I 95 to discover the first 4 feet of the entry door sidewall completely gone. Insurance adjuster believes water damage likely due to heavy use of caulk rather than a waterproof sealant. No coverage.

I contacted FR in 2006 after ridiculous quotes locally. They could offer no help other than their service dept. I have store and insured for 2 years unable to part w/ it. Contacted FR 1/2018 again.

Can't/won't help my warranty exp. 7/2006 the same year purchased? I can contact service. Never again.

Next I'm going to shareholder serv at Berkshire Hathaway since I am a stockholder for many years.

I will suggest they dump this 2 star Company. What a disappointment.

Review about: Forest River Rv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor build quality, How they will not stand behind their product.

Comments