2 Cardico Dr, Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON L4A2G5, Canada
1.1
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

Purchased a brand new 2017 Palomino Columbus 386FK, a very high end residential 5th wheel from McKenzie RV in Stouffville, ON, Canada. The only thing high end is the price tag.

Water and damp in both the bedside slide and kitchen slide, mold in the bedside slide, door frame damaged from where someone installed a bolt backwards on the steps for the back door, wooden valances falling apart, trim work falling off, appliance garage door stuck and veneer coming off, lazy susan corner cabinet door/shelf installed so the screws on the bottom are ripping at the wood of the door, theater seating side panel flaps because it's not screwed down, various screws, bolts and debris found under every piece of furniture, the pull down kitchen faucet gets caught on the shelf below it, can't turn on the heat because it only connects to the a/c and blows cold air, double checked to make sure it is turned to heat electric for both zones and still just blows cold air through the a/c ducts. The to top it off, went to dewinterize it today to take it for the long weekend and water every where in the basement compartment! Every single connection spraying water all over electrical, all over the floor and walls, every single connection does not have a gasket on it and is cross threaded. Call the company I bought it from and they tell me to get in touch with Forest River because I'll get more traction than they will with warranty issues...

I can't even get Forest River on the line. I will be contacting my lawyer. The amount of money I paid for this unit and the complete and utter lack of care taken in producing this unit, not to mention the total lack of concern by the company I purchased it from, is apparently a standard issue for this manufacturer.

Save yourself a lot of heart ache and tears, don't buy from McKenzie RV and DON'T BUY A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT. Perhaps you should fire the entire quality control line or maybe you don't have one and should hire at least one person to double check the units BEFORE they leave the factory.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Layout of the camper when purchased, Trailor layout.

I didn't like: Drain overflow right above electrical plug.

Comments

I purchased a new 2018 FR Wildwood 282QBXL with a slide and have had it in at CW many times to have a slideout leak fixed. They wouldn't do anything without permission from FR so it took 3 months of me yelling at FR to get anything done.

It has now been 6 months and my trailer still leaks. It is back at CW once again and FR sent the wrong parts then said they would send them in two days. No parts. FR has terible customer service even when it is under warranty.

I am now contacting a lawyer to look into the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act since I have not been able to use my camper for 6 out of the 9 months that I have owned it.

Let me know if you get anywhere. Forest River is a terrible company!

to Tom P #1502376

Here's an update after finally taking the unit out for your first weekend since none of the warranty parts have shown up.The kitchen slide sinks were not draining and the galley tank was not filling up at all. After removing some panels, my husband discovered the drain line to be almost folded in half and not secure at all.

Every time the slide was moved in or out, the flex line that was 3 times the length it needed to be was being pinched because all the clips to hold it up had snapped.

When he finally got it unkinked and repaired, he went to drain the galley tank as well as the other grey tanks only to discover that the lines are plumbed backwards so he ended up dumping the black tank into the grey leech pit! What a mess!