Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

I purchased a brand new Forrest River RV travel trailer on 6/18/2018. Due to prior commitments, I wasn't able to really use it until the end of September. The second trip out... one of the rear stabilizing jacks buckled...on flat, level, packed ground. I had to get help to get the back jacked up and braced with blocks. Then, I paid to have the jack removed so I could safely return home to Jacksonville, Fl. When Camper's Inn RV company tried to get Forrest River to cover the replacement jack, they refused. Their reason? The jack was demolished. Of course it was demolished... it buckled. Cripes, how bloody petty is that?

I also discovered other issues with the RV. Only one set of doors worked properly. The dead bolt lock was defective. That was replaced without issue. Another problem still to be resolved... the fold down steps for the main door are falling apart. Pieces are missing from it... the concrete slab was littered with rivets that had popped out and it is very difficult to keep it in line so that you can close and lock the doors.

However, I must compliment Camper's Inn RV in Jacksonville, Fl for their valiant attempts to address every issue. They have been extremely helpful but in a way, they are fighting a losing battle when the RV manufacturers that they represent won't step up when there is an obvious defect in a product they used on their RVs.

Given what I know now... I sure wish I had investigated Forrest River RVs before I bought. I would have looked at other, more honorable RV manufacturers.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Poor build quality.

Comments

Over the years I've found that if you torque them down too tight or extend them too far, they will buckle. Putting blocks under then to make the jacks have a wide stance will ensure it won't happen again. There really isn't anything on a jack that can fail, so although I agree its frustrating, I can see Forest River's point too.

Most RV's are built no days very poorly. Good Luck