Update added by user Mar 30, 2013
Well we are still getting no where with Forest River.There Statement is that we over loaded the unit when it is clear by the attached stickers on the unit that THEY in fact overlaoded the unit when it was manufactured.I have given them a very good proposal to resolve the issue at a much reduced cost to them and I will not seek to recoup my losses on the springs I had installed but to date, (which is over 2 weeks) they have continued to ignore us.
We as consumers that are getting scammed by Forest River need to write to the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau in their state!I know I will be doing just that and maybe if a few more of us did the government would look into the issue of them putting these unsafe units on the road and risking lives.
Original review posted by user Feb 27, 2013
Our RV unit was purchased new in Feb 2012 and have had nothing but issues.The latest is that all the spring are flat broken and/or twisted.
Forest River does not take responsibility for their manufacturing even though the sticker on unit says axles are rated for 12,000lbs max and unit empty weighs more than 12,000lbs. We replaced all the springs and even added a spring only to go about 200 miles and the springs are again flat. The axles are only 6 lug and clearly should have been 8 but the compnay will not honor the warranty.
We are traveling back to NY from California and are praying we make it alive.This is a horrible company with NO regard for human life.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Broken Springs
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- "This is just one example of Forest River Salem Cruise Lite issues.. Now, its important to understand the Forest River offers the idea of camping to folks that would not..."
- "on January 24th 2015 I bought a brand new Flagstaff 28 VRBS super V light from camping world in Grain Valley Missouri. On April 13th I took it in for..."
- "I had the same experience as others: Signed up for a free trial, sent one fax and then noticed my account had been charged a fee for membership the next..."
- "I purchased tickets online and I was unable to return the tickets 1 hour before the show started. The website had an error and it did not allow me to..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "Stove Range Model #FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe's December 2005. Used the broiler for the very first time on May 9, 2010 and the stove caught on fire - insulation..."
- "Back around my birthday, believe it or Not which was on Saturday, February 13, 2016, I tried to send my contractor a payment via Paypal and it would Not go..."
- "Everything started after I decided to sell my Apple MacBook Pro (late 2013 model) to a friend. We agreed that she would pay me for my barely used one $3,000.00 Since..."