Update added by user Mar 30, 2013
Well we are still getting no where with Forest River.There Statement is that we over loaded the unit when it is clear by the attached stickers on the unit that THEY in fact overlaoded the unit when it was manufactured.I have given them a very good proposal to resolve the issue at a much reduced cost to them and I will not seek to recoup my losses on the springs I had installed but to date, (which is over 2 weeks) they have continued to ignore us.
We as consumers that are getting scammed by Forest River need to write to the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau in their state!I know I will be doing just that and maybe if a few more of us did the government would look into the issue of them putting these unsafe units on the road and risking lives.
Original review posted by user Feb 27, 2013
Our RV unit was purchased new in Feb 2012 and have had nothing but issues.The latest is that all the spring are flat broken and/or twisted.
Forest River does not take responsibility for their manufacturing even though the sticker on unit says axles are rated for 12,000lbs max and unit empty weighs more than 12,000lbs. We replaced all the springs and even added a spring only to go about 200 miles and the springs are again flat. The axles are only 6 lug and clearly should have been 8 but the compnay will not honor the warranty.
We are traveling back to NY from California and are praying we make it alive.This is a horrible company with NO regard for human life.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Broken Springs
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We ordered a brand new 2014 Georgetown 378XL and took delivery from Cold Springs RV in Weare NH in late May 2013. We immediately noted undisclosed damage to the outside..."
- "We purchased this camper in june and was only able to use it once before the frame bent and cabin buckled. Jamatt had the camper for 6 weeks amd didnt..."
- "We bought a 2013 Forest River Cherokee pull behind trailer and took one trip in it and when we were on our way back home we stopped and noticed our..."
- "Purchased 8 wall mounted vintage looking exterior lights for our new restaurant August 2014. Items received are very low quality and no help / service from the reseller Norther Tool..."
- "Stove Range Model #FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe's December 2005. Used the broiler for the very first time on May 9, 2010 and the stove caught on fire - insulation..."
- "BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. A SELLER SOLD ME A WATCH AND WHEN IT ARRIVED IT WAS NOT EVEN THE SAME WATCH, NOR WAS IT AUTHENTIC. I RETURNED IT TO TRADESY AND..."
- "Had. Went. To. Da. Family. ..."
- "So i bought 2 Gronk Editions today before work. Halfway through the first one, there was some brown slimy tapeworm looking things on the rim. So i thought i had..."
- "The reason for this message today is that I ordered my food through the drive thru jack in the box on sepulveda and border. We finished the small ice coffee..."