Update added by user Mar 30, 2013
Well we are still getting no where with Forest River.There Statement is that we over loaded the unit when it is clear by the attached stickers on the unit that THEY in fact overlaoded the unit when it was manufactured.I have given them a very good proposal to resolve the issue at a much reduced cost to them and I will not seek to recoup my losses on the springs I had installed but to date, (which is over 2 weeks) they have continued to ignore us.
We as consumers that are getting scammed by Forest River need to write to the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau in their state!I know I will be doing just that and maybe if a few more of us did the government would look into the issue of them putting these unsafe units on the road and risking lives.
Original review posted by user Feb 27, 2013
Our RV unit was purchased new in Feb 2012 and have had nothing but issues.The latest is that all the spring are flat broken and/or twisted.
Forest River does not take responsibility for their manufacturing even though the sticker on unit says axles are rated for 12,000lbs max and unit empty weighs more than 12,000lbs. We replaced all the springs and even added a spring only to go about 200 miles and the springs are again flat. The axles are only 6 lug and clearly should have been 8 but the compnay will not honor the warranty.
We are traveling back to NY from California and are praying we make it alive.This is a horrible company with NO regard for human life.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Broken Springs
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Bought a new 2014, wildcat within 6 months the front fiberglass Cap begin to oxidize from the top to the bottom. Contacted Forest River in Dallas, Oregon and talked with..."
- "We purchased a 2014 Rockwood travel trailer new in April 2014. In March 2015, the front tires were low on pressure. I noticed cracks around outside bead and on..."
- "I am thinking that this would have happened while driving down the road with the wind pushing on the front 1 piece fibreglass the dimples are about 2 feet in..."
- "Everything started after I decided to sell my Apple MacBook Pro (late 2013 model) to a friend. We agreed that she would pay me for my barely used one $3,000.00 Since..."
- "My wife is a flight attendant of a major US Airline, so we travel to France and other countries often on vacation. When we return a rental car, in..."
- "I order a dog and uship pet courier delivery killed my dog and scammed me with money and wanted more money if I don't give it to them I will..."
- "Great partner and company, design build and operate super concepts. Genius Was ecstatic to work on E_P with mr keyes. It started my career..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "I "purchased" a camera from a 2016 Black Friday special; Nikon d3400 for $349. Great price but not so great that it seemed unreal. It took several days just to..."