Forest River - Wrong Axles on RV Unit

Update added by user Mar 30, 2013

Well we are still getting no where with Forest River.There Statement is that we over loaded the unit when it is clear by the attached stickers on the unit that THEY in fact overlaoded the unit when it was manufactured.I have given them a very good proposal to resolve the issue at a much reduced cost to them and I will not seek to recoup my losses on the springs I had installed but to date, (which is over 2 weeks) they have continued to ignore us.

We as consumers that are getting scammed by Forest River need to write to the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau in their state!I know I will be doing just that and maybe if a few more of us did the government would look into the issue of them putting these unsafe units on the road and risking lives.

Original review posted by user Feb 27, 2013

Our RV unit was purchased new in Feb 2012 and have had nothing but issues.The latest is that all the spring are flat broken and/or twisted.

Forest River does not take responsibility for their manufacturing even though the sticker on unit says axles are rated for 12,000lbs max and unit empty weighs more than 12,000lbs. We replaced all the springs and even added a spring only to go about 200 miles and the springs are again flat. The axles are only 6 lug and clearly should have been 8 but the compnay will not honor the warranty.

We are traveling back to NY from California and are praying we make it alive.This is a horrible company with NO regard for human life.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had an experience with Forest River? Submit review ›
Helpful? 13 Yes 13 48 No 48
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Forest River. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Forest River.
Filing a new complaint about